Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2914 lbs. - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2914 lbs.

Had the plump old girl weighed and she came to 2914 (full tank of gas) with the following balance:

l/f: 682 - r/f 604

l/r 779 - r/r 849

cross weight 47.4%

Anyone else care to share?

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Svelt.

That seems pretty light. I wonder what makes up 55lbs? That's a significant amount.

Edited by karmavore

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

When I weighed mine it was 1260kg with about half a tank of fuel. That was a relief because I was quite concerned when I saw the chassis plate said 1566kg. That weight must be the maximum loaded weight or something like that.

Mine came out at 1220, with about 1/2 fuel, a boot full of shopping, and me in it. Which seems light, OK so there no idle up solenoid, no purge pump, I chucked the stacker out after I weighed it, I carry the spare and the jack. ? So I don't know.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

0607_13.jpg

The Aboriginals call it dreamtime. I'm not sure we have a Disneyworld, though Canberra might fit the bill. It was done at the local council weighbridge, probably not very accurate, but sufficient to suggest the car is light. Or I should say lighter than spec because I think it's bloody heavy.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

0.jpg

We're serious about weight loss here Bibs, in a few more months Justin's will be down to around 1220.

I wasn't going to get the paperwork out, but in the end I did. 1260kg with 1/2 tank of fuel and no extra baggage in the car. My car came off the line about a month before Rogers, and the only major difference that I know of is a spoiler. Maybe stand on the bathroom scales whilst giving your wing a big hug Roger, see what it weighs. I believe yours is the big numb thing that was mounted way too high, not the slim low level piece of modern art that adorns my back end, but weight would be similar. :ouch:

Too many Toys are never enough !

my car lost some weight this summer.

I removed the crap install alarm system, and changed to Elise seats.

Soon I will have aluminum brakes (calipers and hats) too.

Here was the alarm install.

IMG_2853.JPG

here is everything removed

IMG_2962.JPG

The Elise seats are much lighter than the stock SE seats.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

That's a point. How much downforce does that spoiler generate?

Answer: none either on the car or the garage wall. :yes:

When I re-trimmed the interior I did take note of weight, sound deadening and carpet can add substantial weight, I used as lighter stuff as I could find. When I re-assembled after the re-spray, I used lighter fastenings for both the bumpers (you ever looked at all the fasteners required for the early Stevens bumpers) not Lotus's finest hour. I chucked out the plenum purge pump, it didn't work anyway, and the idle up jack seemed pretty useless so that went. Alloy body shocks also save a bit, like Travers I chucked out the worlds most involved hands free for a phone that not even the PO still had. Just the cable to the CD stacker, must have been made for truck it was half a mile long all coiled up under the dash, all gone now. I'm sure there's some other stuff that I forgotten now.

But the greatest weight saving of all ????????????? me, slimming down from 80 kilos to 65.

Of course there's always the possibility that I was a little over zealous when rubbing back for the re-spray :evil:

Having said all that, the car is still either lighter than the manufacturers declared weight or the council scales are 'oribly inaccurate.

65 Kg ? :blink:

My 2011 goal is to get down to 95 by August, the day I get down to 65 I'll be 4 feet under and half eaten up by worms. :offtopic: Try eating pies, that'll fix you up.

Too many Toys are never enough !

Christ, was it that long ago ?

Roger, are those the scales they use for weighing buying your precious metal too ? ;)

I've done a lot of weight saving on the GT2 - its more like time wasting than weight saving though. I spent ages lightening the glass fibre last year when I could have used the timer better getting it on the road, I saved about 2 kilos.

Be interesting to weigh it though.

You're better off losing a few lbs in the gym, draining the washer fluid tank or going for a piss before driving.

When you move a hand full of stuff out of the car and think - "oh that must be 25kg" - go and pickup 25kg and see just how heavy it is....

I'd also be extremely sceptical of ANY weigh bridge unless it's calibrated that day (ALL electronics have error, anyone who says otherwise it bullshitting), 1% error in fine for home scales but for your car it translates into a rather large weight.

Any public weigh bridge I reakon might be as good as +/- 50 kg if you're lucky. Anyone looking for money/shop (like my post office for example with their 'heavy' scales) will have likely have beneficial scales.

When you look at Bibs and my car weighed on the FIA weight bridge at Brands Hatch you can see the readings are extremely accurate and likely to be correct well within ~0.5% error due to fluids and so on.

Bibs SE - 1298KG (from Lotus - Esprit SE 1305Kg)

Jono GT3 - 1225kg (from Lotus - GT3 1229Kg)

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

65 Kg ? :blink:

My 2011 goal is to get down to 95 by August, the day I get down to 65 I'll be 4 feet under and half eaten up by worms. :offtopic: Try eating pies, that'll fix you up.

He's really 75 kg. It's just his scales saying 65 kg.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE