Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brembo brakes - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Brembo brakes

My S4 has had the Brembo upgrade but I'm not sure which pads and discs to look for now?

Are the discs any different form the standard S4? What are the pad options?

Thanks

Rich

Lotus Esprit S4 - Work in progress

Porsche 924 Turbo - Parts chaser

Smart Roadster Coupe - Hers

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The discs are indeed different Rich. They are a larger diameter and thickness and vented into the bargain. Outside of genuine parts,EBC do a replacement disc.

There are a variety of pads from various manufacturers. I run EBC red presenlty. I ran Yellow originally but they glaszed quickly and lost performance.

Pagid are generally well recommended from others and the standard Brembo pad is ok, but very expensive from Lotus. It does however, include brake pins and shims which are a real bugger to source.

The choice is yours my friend.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

OK didn't know the standard discs were solids!

I'll have a dig about then.

Thanks

Rich

OK confused...

Are the Brembo brakes ftted to GT3 and V8s?

I'm struggling to positively identify the right discs and pads...

I just ordered EBC grooved and dimbled from SJ and he can no longer get them for Esprit's on the rear, well for my GT3 Brembo setup, bummer. :thumbdown: EBC have stopped making them, they seem to still be doing the fronts though.

I had a look around and phoned some suppliers, but had no luck finding any. Which now means I have to now pay twice the price for gen Lotus, that it would have cost me for a pair EBC's :veryangry: Not only cheesed off about price, but the Lotus discs are plain faced, the dimples of the EBC added a nice touch to the look of the brakes.

It seems if there are any out there as stock items, then they are the only ones left.

Owen.

I only need fronts for the moment, but maybe EBC will put another run on at some point - not much help for you though!

I take it there is no read across form other cars?

I put the EBC Grooved discs on mine about 7 years ago. Still look great.

Although I have heard that they do not like track work. Some people have had cracking issues.

Lotus005email.jpg

EBCdiscs.jpg

Esprit003.jpg

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

• 3 months later...

Jsut to confirm the V8 Brembo discs are the ones I need yes?

So these:

http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/137513/lotus/ebc-standard-front-brake-discs/d1130.html

My fronts are in limits but lipped so I'll get some ordered along with some EBC red pads I think.

Thanks

Rich

Im running ebc grooved and dimpled frontvand rears. The dimples do provide a weak point with heavy track point, but im not going to be doing tgat often. Im running yellowstuff pads front and rear. The verdict is still uncertain as to whether theyre that good for my use. Im not overly impressed with their bite hot or cold. Although theyre supposed to have excellent fade resistance. Maybe they glaze over in normql road use as they need to be given a bit more hard usage than I give them.im thinking on changing them out for another set of pads. With regards to the rear ebc discs, I was told last year ebc dont make them.

I have a split rear ebc disc vented and grooved , no track use and I have been unable to find a pair ebc say they do not make them anymore

Update southwest lotus had 4 in I have just bought 2 so perhaps they had an old order with ebc

It's Oogies turn to boogie