Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Guvnor's Alternator - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The Guvnor's Alternator

Bibs

Before setting off on a 500 mile round trip this weekend I'd been having a bit of a squeal from the alternator belt so I thought I'd nip it up a little tighter on the adjuster.

Unfortunately, the adjuster was fine, it was the pivot mounting that was the problem as the stud had worn the hole into an extended hole and almost out the other side. My able assistant gave a good solution, currently in place but a replacement will be on order. We spent an hour in the local factors trying to match it on the day and they called in many favours but the valeo part is obsolete, the only source for these is the factory I believe.

post-1-0-62233700-1304157584_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-01603500-1304157596_thumb.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What part number Roger, they only list 8,000,000 different ones...

The part numbers vary internationally, but the for a BMW 3 series 87-92 I got part number 0-120-469-777

My Valeo refuses to die, but when it does the above is what I will be using, from memory you may need to change a terminal.

Though I'm sure Mr Sparks knows better than I

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)