Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I'll show you mine, now you show me yours - Page 14 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

I'll show you mine, now you show me yours

First time I've seen a picture of your new car I think, Paul.

Your old car was nice but your new one is very nice. Definitely a happy ending.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Finally got around to detailing the Esprit for its wintertime storage. Felt soo bad leaving it sit there dirty (not that dirty) for the past month and a half, but just have had no time to clean. Anyways, after the cleaning was done, I decided to snap off a bunch of pics of it with my daily driver :lol:

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

• Gold FFM

Something about a white Esprit surrounded by snow - beautiful.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Cheers guys,

Yep, OZ futura's with gloss black rim and anthracite centre.

I was going to get them refurbed but just found it so much hassel to find someone to do it at a reasonable cost I decided to run with this Idea.

Originally I had a green pinstripe but I now Love them like this instead!!

Edited by mangel

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Took some new pics recently for insurance purposes, so I thought I would show them. I so want to get a late V8 rubber spoiler to finish the front off, but the complete sport exhaust is taking all the money this month!

It's my first full year now of ownership and I like to think the jobs I've done have really improved the car. OK, there is still a long way to go, but I'm gradually getting through the list! It will have all new headlights before next winter, probably two new rear tyres and perhaps some more engine bay cleaning, oh and not forgetting dying the interior light black! And plenty of t-cut and polish to keep her gleaming, also getting rid of those 'European Union logo' number plates for some nice honeycomb 3d letter number plates.

GT3_07.jpg

GT3_06.jpg

GT3_05.jpg

GT3_04.jpg

GT3_03.jpg

GT3_01.jpg

GT3_02.jpg

Owen.

Edited by OwenGT3

• Gold FFM

Nice pics Owen. Number plate looks fine to me.

I'm still likeing those wing mirrors though :thumbup:

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Nice pics Owen. Number plate looks fine to me.

I'm still likeing those wing mirrors though :thumbup:

Hi,

I like them over the original fitments, Honda 2000 mirrors. The number plates are clean, it's just the Euro logo, I'm old fashion, I'm British, not European. Euro is just a load of nonsense, we are just a load of countries that happen to be next door to each other, Germans are Germans, French are French and so on, 'European' is just another word like 'environment', which equals more tax.

Owen.

I'm only showing you the bits I've done!

PICT0050.jpg

PlugLeads.jpg

Suspension brakes and cooling next, then a respray!

Roger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

heres a couple of mine i suppose.

a ground level shot from the second day i had the car

3.jpg

this is in front of a local estate, i cant say who but they are family friends

4.jpg

in the grounds of my old engineering works

DSCN5087.jpg

my old engineering works

DSCN5108.jpg

the moors above llangattock

IMG_3100.jpg

the car park looking down onto langorse lake

IMG_3102.jpg

one of my shots of the car with the llangorse lake and countryside in view only 13 miles from me and very ver beautiful

IMG_3171.jpg

Edited by bigsi

Bigsi, cars nice but we need some commentary on some of those back drops, pretty special scenery.

Roger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Thanks, that was fun, I looked it all up on Google Earth. I remember last year going from Cardiff to Pwlheli to look at an Esprit, some awsome roads, made to be DRIVEN! pitty I was in a Corsa.

Roger

Went for a little drive this afternoon that ended in the death of a pheasant, unfortunately all over the front of my car. It was pretty gross and at least I have a nice layer of animal fat protecting the front at present.... :D Pheasant fat is bright yellow!!.....it's brains are the same colour as ours though :D

Anyway. I took these and if you want to play a guessing game of where they are, scroll them down a little at a time.

Numero Uno.....Pretty (the dog poo wasn't that I stood in though).

IMGP3702.jpg

Any takers? Yes I know it's Norfolk. Next One.

IMGP3701.jpg

Nope? Another? My Favourite.

IMGP3700.jpg

Anyone thats been there should know that one? OK Here's one that'll give it away.......

IMGP3703.jpg

Anymore for anymore.....Now you know and yes that is who you think it is in the Audi.

IMGP3704.jpg

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer