Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I'll show you mine, now you show me yours - Page 34 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

I'll show you mine, now you show me yours

A beautiful car amid beautiful architecture, but where are the girls ? You usually have such great girls in the pictures. :unworthy:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

with a name like SKY it may be just as well to leave the girls out of it at the moment

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/index.php/topic/39751-graykeys-gate/page__pid__340353__st__15#entry340353

what a pair of tits! :hrhr:

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of you may know of my previous Esprit, written off on black ice three years ago (its on Wrecked Exotics if you don't know the story).

Well, I've just moved onto a new project at work and my previous team bought me a going away present - a photo of that Esprit enlarged and printed on canvas. The credit should go to my best mate Grant, who secretly took the photo when I visited his place not long after I bought the car. Brought a tear to my eye...

Marks1998EspritV8-GT.jpg

And hear it is on my study wall along with all my other Lotus paraphernalia.

PosterPic2.jpg

Edited by hedgerley

Mark, that Esprit was the best car ever to park on the drive of that bungalow. No better car will ever park there because we demolished it. So far your current Esprit is the best thing to park on our new drive, but I live in hope.

Here's one of the current one on our new drive!

IMG_0815.JPG

Edited by Not Usually Serious

This is how christmas evening looks here in west austria: All the toys in storage ...

Good god. Will you please adopt me?

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Mark, that Esprit was the best car ever to park on the drive of that bungalow. No better car will ever park there because we demolished it. So far your current Esprit is the best thing to park on our new drive, but I live in hope.

To kind Sir. Your mission, should you choose to accept it...........is to get a new car worthy of the new house, rather than.... :scooter:

Edited by hedgerley

Maybee you guys ned a picture of a real classic Lotus for a change!

/Kim

post-5084-0-41674000-1297642283_thumb.jp

Edited by Kim.Poulsen

/Kim 

Proud member of Watford Exotic Scandinavian Team...

Kim,

Very nice. The later cars (Caterhams) whilst being superb have lost some of the original 7 lines. That pic reminds me how nice they look with the clam wings.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Dragi,

Do you ever ride the pushbike, or is it for display only?

Looks very cool. I remember the storm it kicked up when it was new.

:unworthy:

Thanks Duncan :)

I got that bike some years ago. The first time i used it regulary on our tours.

Later i got a bike for our mountain tours so the 110 is just hanging there for display.

Good god. Will you please adopt me?

Hmm, .....

Robin (my son, 17) said: no way! He's a little bit feared of his inheritance :D

Jenny (daughter, 9) said: depends on the kids you have. It seems she's looking to get someone to play with ...

Andi (my wife and government) said: have you got a pic of him?? (whatever that means...) :D

It seems to get a little bit difficult :D

To kind Sir. Your mission, should you choose to accept it...........is to get a new car worthy of the new house, rather than.... :scooter:

Trying to amass the funds, but it will probably have a flat six at the back. A boring car for such an unusual house, but there you go.

This link has a few interesting photos, some of them of your cars.

https://picasaweb.google.com/macterrier/VariousLotusPictures?feat=directlink

Trying to amass the funds, but it will probably have a flat six at the back. A boring car for such an unusual house, but there you go.T

Flat 6 eh?

you must mean 65corvair.jpg

Surely you don't mean the P-word!!! :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

Some more gratuitous self indulgent shots when out with son in his new toy the other day. We had just spent the previous day detailing it and it came up really well. To think that a year ago I'd never even heard of a clay bar!

post-7988-0-51366200-1298499300_thumb.jp post-7988-0-14747600-1298499310_thumb.jp

He wanted an Elise now he is working and having left Uni but then realised he could never afford to insure the damn thing so at age 22 and a bit is having to start somewhere. It was almost half the number of insurance groups at 26! In a 2-1/2 years he will be tired of MX-5 and will hopefully still have a clean licence and max no claims and may just be able to thing Lotus. That is of course if he manages to stay clean of the dreaded gold bands. this

It is actually a lovely car to drive and although only the basic 1.8 an ideal start in the sports car world. Super fast folding hard top and very practical sized boot etc. Nice interior and supposedly bullet proof I have on good authority from a dealer on Forum. I can see why the most popular 2 seater sports car ever made or something like that. We always comment when out on our drives with LEGS how many we see out on the roads, top down enjoying themselves and I know why. When they grow up they want to be Lotus drivers.......

post-7988-0-83037900-1298499301_thumb.jp post-7988-0-14775400-1298499303_thumb.jp

post-7988-0-47790500-1298499304_thumb.jp post-7988-0-12324200-1298499306_thumb.jp

post-7988-0-11990800-1298499329_thumb.jp

The above taken at the Sir David Stirling memorial Just off the M9 Junction 11 on the Doune road. He was the founder of the SAS in 1941and it his family land in the area.

post-7988-0-75347400-1298499330_thumb.jp post-7988-0-35290900-1298499332_thumb.jp

At the foot of Stirling Castle beside the Kings Knot (thankfully without a tour bus in sight.)

post-7988-0-65323500-1298499307_thumb.jp

Blasting up the back way to Castle Esplanade - unfortunately it was out of bounds for something being on.

post-7988-0-19100900-1298499334_thumb.jp

Yes it was still snowing or sleeting last weekend up this way and snow is still on the hills around. This little bump is called Dumyat and only about 418m (1375ft) Unfortunately if electricity companies have their way 110' high pylons are about to blight this view. Wallace monument being just behind me in this shot. Won't that be lovely to look out onto for the thousands of tourists every year? This is the general area not far from Stirling Bridge and a few of the other battles like Bannockburn in 1314.

post-7988-0-70387500-1298499338_thumb.jp post-7988-0-44694200-1298499336_thumb.jp

post-7988-0-66881800-1298499340_thumb.jpm

At the Clan McRae monument near the Gathering Stone on Sherrifmuir. This was a tribute to fallen men in the 1715 battle which was near here and about 2 miles from my house.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Argh! An MX5.

Very nice photos and 2 shiny cars :thumbsup:

Your car looks better than I thought it would with the black wheels.