Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
ECU Upgrade after problem - Page 2 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

ECU Upgrade after problem

Jaws, I have no personal knowledge of an Evora facelift, but I was quoting the current Autocar "What's Coming" column. (Or some title like that.) And of course a multitude of prior references.

If you actually know it is "nonsense" it would be helpful to all to make a definitive statement, quoting your source of course. I will be as affected by a drop in the value of my car as anyone else!

As you say, I have also seen it mentioned on other forums etc, this is why I brought it up and my comment was a general one not strictly directed at you. I was hoping that people (especially Lotus enthusiasts) wouldn't always belief what they read in the press and fuel it, as it is generally speculation rather than fact - Autocar is a case in point. Not saying that a facelift isn’t inevitable (all cars get one even the Elise did), but it won’t be in the next 6 months.

As for the ECU update, it will be for improved diagnostics and recalibration, so the improvements will either be a placebo affect or the car wasn’t running as efficiently as it should, so the update will be noticed.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can I tell my ECU version? Do the dealers in the UK actually tell you stuff like this?

If you had the symptoms we had as described by others in this thread you will probably be on Version F.

Version G software upgrade got rid of the flat spot on light throttle between 1500/1800rpm. Version H takes the car to a new plane!!

There is no way of telling what version you are running but the next time your car is in at the dealership for service, or any other problem, they should hook it up to the diagnostics computer which will then tell the technician that there is a software upgrade available.

It really depends on how well you know your dealer/service manager. We have an excellent service manager here in Scotland at Murray Motors and I and my fellow Evora owners have regular contact with him.

As for the ECU update, it will be for improved diagnostics and recalibration, so the improvements will either be a placebo affect or the car wasn’t running as efficiently as it should, so the update will be noticed.

Something has definitely been re-calibrated and this is not a placebo effect, unless of course the 6 cars I know about were very sick in the first place.

Agreeing with Bingoking re getting version H, the change on my car is no placebo effect either!

It's a pity Lotus did not have it installed initially; torque is so much better. Even staying in top, getting from X to X+10 now feels much improved, where X can be as much as is appropriate for most types of road!

Of course I cannot say if there was some deficiency in my car, but I had no complaints or obvious problems before. My uncertainties about whether anything has been stolen from the very top end of the speed range remains, but I would not want to go back to vers G.

Now having done a few miles with H - but no motorway cruising yet - I'm happy that fuel consumption has not changed significantly.

I expect everyone will be brought up to H during services - look forward to it!

JAWS, re facelifts, yes, no argument. I believe we have what will be the iconic classic version anyway!

Yep there's no placebo effect, I didn't expect anything changed, and was surprised.

The engine accelerates from 2000rpm to 3500rpm much better than before, and no problem keeping it between 1500 and 2000rpm.

It's great.

Myself & Bingoking have both now done many long journeys with the new H version and were just discussing the other night at Club Lotus that our fuel consumption does not seem affected in the slightest on long drives where fuel consumption is more important. :thumbsup: So all round winner for us. Can't speak for outright balls out driving consumption though - as never previously measured that anyway. :innocent:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have information regarding ECU updates for the US market? Is there a way to tell which version is currently on a car without a dealer looking it up? I'm curious what is available for my car, if anything.

2011 Lotus Evora 2+2

• 1 month later...

NOT HAPPY!

So my Evora has to go back to B&C again! Same problem, warning light comes on randomly and fault codes point to throttle actuator control system, something I believe relating to the throttle position sensor. B&C had it for over a week last time whilst I was away on business and I hoped everything was fixed, I know they did everything they could based on advice from the factory but here I am again. I hope this time it can be finally resolved and I can go back to enjoying what is truly an amazing (when working) car.

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to tell which version is currently on a car without a dealer looking it up?

Nope, but your mech should be able to tell you. I am curious whether they will have a new software when I bring my car in the garage in two weeks. Currently running on the D version (Evora S), still some room for improvement although significantly better than C before.