Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Some Favorites. - Page 2 - Photography Matters - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Some Favorites.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well I went for a walk today, motor drive switched on, took a lot of shots along the beach, waves breaking etc, came back home and loaded a few into QTP, a Linux HDR program.

TBH, the outcome wasn't that good, I think you really need a tripod to bring it off, but hey it's all education.

Then I tried chucking a few different shots of the car in, just to see what happens. You can do some really good stuff, I had shots from different angles, different backgrounds, got some great effects.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to convert the finished result back to jpg.

Hope we keep this thread going.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Roger: Even though most HDR programs contain aligning tools, proper HDR definitely requires a tripod, as HDR works best in low-light, meaning that your +EV shots will definitely be past hand-holding capabilities. Most of my HDR's don't look like HDR, but I do overcook one for fun sometimes *grin.

4800276661_e3a4da5c32_b.jpg

Edited by VisualEchos

- Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it's because of the black mood I'm in, being laid up with the flu, but "Devoid" really grabs me. But these are all just so great, Andrew. I'm just a prosumer hack and getting my new rig tomorrow (skewed toward DSLR video), but these photos really make me want to polish up the car and take stills. Is any of the depth of field/blurring done post, like in "Infinitum Redux" for example, or strictly lens? Thanks.

"Karnak" rocks!

Edited by Moxie

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

No other news, other than the fact that my good friend Bibs hooked me up with Joe @ Lotus, and they will hopefully be using a few of my pictures in the customer section of their website, and maybe on their Facebook page :).

I wish I lived in Hethel, I'd be knockin' on their door daily, asking for one of those mock-up mules to shoot :).

- Andrew

Great pics Andrew. I have used Sun Dog as my desktop pic at work (just noticed its also pic of the month on here), a couple of my colleagues have also commented on how nice it is.

I am truely impressed with your pictures. The last one, Signals is just stunning. I love the way you have very little reflection in the windscreen yet past the top of the window is completely black.

What is so great about all your pictures is the way you frame your shot, so many people don't pay attention to what is 'not' in the picture.

:)

Edited by TAR

It's getting there......

• 2 weeks later...

I do like silent hill, love to know how you did it.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I do like silent hill, love to know how you did it.

Easy really, just parked the car on top of a hill at sunset, with the sun directly behind the driver's rear quarter, laid on the ground, turned the shutter speed up, and viola!

- Andrew

• 1 month later...

Thanks. It's not that hard actually, and I'm being serious. The biggest thing is trying to stick to the rules in the beginning (just until you understand why they are there), and working on processing as much as you work on the photography. Believe me, I'm nothing special when it comes to photography, I'm just a regular bloke.

- Andrew