Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Some Favorites. - Photography Matters - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Some Favorites.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to the forum, Andrew. They are truly excellent photos. Did you take them yourself or was it a professional photographer or are you a professional photographer? If you took them and aren't, you certainly could be.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Impressive. Welcome.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Awesome photo's, truely awesome :D

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Trevor: Yes, I took them all, and yes, I'm a professional, but photography isn't my day job. I'll post a few links to my more popular non-Lotus work for you.

Nissan GTR

Audi R8

BMW M3

Some more Exige shots for you guys :).

"The Archer"

5586588617_c27ca24a36_b.jpg

"Thistle"

5504831684_cb0735d7e3_o.jpg

"Parallel II"

4831977883_ae04b32ca7_o.jpg

"Brick Top"

4619851471_ce23b05b5d_o.jpg

"Wired"

4741153964_98b740fd33_o.jpg

"S-Drive"

3805887591_640559d17c_o.jpg

- Andrew

Fabulous. How about a bit of narrative as to how you got the effects, I'd like try a few myself.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

How about the one called the Archer, I'm guessing quite a long exposure due to the fountain in the background, but mirror like finish on the car and the colour depth are amazing effects. (I am a humble beginner)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

That one is a 10-shot HDR. Think of it as a 5-shot HDR, twice, one set for the side and wheels, and one set for the front windscreen. The use of HDR makes it seem like a long-exposure shot because the trees appear to be moving in the frame, when in fact, they were moving between the frames. It's a subtle difference, but you can spot if you know what to look for.

The color depth in this one is also an artifact of HDR.

Now that I've said this, I'm going to ask you to be VERY careful using HDR, as the new craze of "HDR tone mapping" has all but ruined the idea itself.

- Andrew

Thanks for sharing some secrets with us, I'm going to reed up on HDR and give it a try. :yes:

I'd be happy to share my "secrets" with you guys, someone shared with me, only seems fair. I've been thinking of making an Automotive Photography Tips/Tricks thread, where I would list out the basics in the first couple of posts, then people could post pix and ask for input on them. Not sure how many people would be interested in it though.

- Andrew

I'm barely past Polaroid stage (ok, maybe a little) and have all but grasped the basics of MS PaintBrush. I'm like a TW@ if truth be told.

I look on open mouthed at your pics and realise I may NEVER get there. Struggling to do some kind of basic company logo at present......

Chunky Lover