Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Some Favorites. - Page 10 - Photography Matters - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Some Favorites.

I am curious about the car positioning in this shot. You have a tree growing out of the car, i think if the car was angled between the lampost and tree it would look better, or the front nose just edging past the lampost.

Great processing of the shot though.

The positioning of the car, and the tree are quite on purpose.  Easton, you know, Chang, didn't seem to mind either :).

- Andrew

The positioning of the car, and the tree are quite on purpose.  Easton, you know, Chang, didn't seem to mind either :).

But it also does not mean he is The Oracle ;) And things like this is really only a personal preference.

I would probably get rid off the tree to keep it nice and clean.

But it also does not mean he is The Oracle ;) And things like this is really only a personal preference.

I would probably get rid off the tree to keep it nice and clean.

Of course, I just didn't like the way he said it, like I didn't notice the tree...

I like the tree, personally, it's rare, but I think it works here, and it's my shot, so well yeah, it kinda' stays lol.

- Andrew

I don't think you can infer from my comment that I implied you didn't notice the tree, I said was curious about your choice of positioning which implies you knew it was there and chose to have it in shot. To me it seems an odd choice, as with all photo compositions its a matter of personal taste.

Have you got a Chang photo of a car in a similar position to share so that I can see the style reference you made?

I wasn't referencing a style, Easton Chang is a friend of mine.  In any case, it's an artistic thing, some will see it negatively, some positively.  In general, I don't like things intersecting the vehicle, but I do make exceptions, and this was one of them.

- Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure technically that's a great shot but the stationary stars (I assume ps'd in) don't work with the blurred background. I appreciate there's an element of parallax but that looks weird to me, too much stationary/blurred mixup. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Stars do not move a lot.. and because of perspective, objects far away should be almost static.

I'm not saying they are here with a little bit of PS help, but still... this seems to be 100% natural to me.

Yup, Malcolm has it right, to get the stars to move, you'd need to be traveling at warp speed, or have a really long shutter, as they are super far away.  There were a few stars visible in this shot, which is where I got the idea to embellish them.

- Andrew

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...