Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Some Favorites. - Page 6 - Photography Matters - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Some Favorites.

I just saw this thread for the first time now, and WOW!! I'm totally blown away!! I am in awe and green with envy at the same time! :D

Very inspiring. Makes me want to do it!

Cheers,

Tony

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Guest surferphil

Your work is top notch! I always look at your latest images even though I don't post, they are much appreciated and admired. :thumbsup:

Maybe someone could lend you another car for variety if you are going to do a calendar?

Wow Andrew.

Excellent images. As a "photographer" myself, I was planning on tinkering once I get my Elise (tomorrow... Can't wait!), and thought I might produce some moderately pleasing results, but you've just given me massive inspiration. Despite knowing my way around a camera (or 8 ;) ), I'm not going to end up with shots anything like yours.

Please keep sharing, I could look at these all night. I'm just about to go back through the thread again...

Andrew - quick question... How many of the shallow DoF shots are purely the lens? Do you shoot with a 200/2 and 300/2.8 etc, or is most of the effect in Ps?

Phil, sorry mate, I don't have any of those cars around, wish I did!!

Rich, thanks for the compliments. I don't have a 300/2.8, wish I did, but I chose the 200/2 over it, much better for what I do, and better working distance as well. I never add blur in post, so what you see is 100% real, just FF D700 + 200f2 @ f2. In fact, all of them would appear much more shallow if I didn't love black so much! Adding contrast takes the oof look away :( Most of my backgrounds look like this, before I add so much contrast...

7281755778_34167c7efa_b.jpg

- Andrew

I know what you mean about loving black - I tend to spread out across the whole tonal range with more of an emphasis on the blacks for anything other than portraits.

That 200/2 looks lovely! I've never used one, but I've got the 85/1.2 (I shoot Canon, mainly with 5D3 and 1D4 now) so I'll have to see what it can do.

Thanks again for the inspiration, and definitely keep sharing. It's great to see such talent in the wash of mediocrity that photos on the internet have become.

Rich

Thanks Rich, and I love the Canon 1D, and the 85 1.2! But my very favorite Canon lens is the 135/2, absolutely in love with it, and if I could fit it on my new D800 I would in a heartbeat! Supreme, no other word for it.

- Andrew

• 3 weeks later...

Andrew,

Fantastic!!! Love the photos.

I'm interested in photography but have never got into the post processing of digital images. Haven seen your photos i've just got to go down that route.

I have looked a few times at getting photoshop but its never clear to me what Photoshop product/version i would need. What Photoshop product would you recommend to do the things you do?

Also can I ask, do you shoot these photos in RAW format?

Congratulations again on the awesome photos.

Malcolm

Andrew,

Fantastic!!! Love the photos.

I'm interested in photography but have never got into the post processing of digital images. Haven seen your photos i've just got to go down that route.

I have looked a few times at getting photoshop but its never clear to me what Photoshop product/version i would need. What Photoshop product would you recommend to do the things you do?

Also can I ask, do you shoot these photos in RAW format?

Congratulations again on the awesome photos.

Malcolm

Photoshop CS6 is what I use, gotta' keep up with technology. And yes, I only shoot in RAW, and actually do 90% of all my processing in ACR.

- Andrew

Andrew,

Had a look at the Adobe web site and not sure about what I really need...

Does Photoshop CS6 alone (Not the Extended Edition) allow you to create the picture in post 76 of this thread where you have combined 6 shots to get the final photo?

You do 90% of processing in ACR. Is that Adobe Camera RAW? Is that the same as PhotoShop Camrera RAW that they talk about as a Plugin to Photoshop?

If it is, is it an extra charge for the plugin? ( I don't see it mentioned as an extra charge)

Thanks for the help.

Malcolm

Andrew,

Had a look at the Adobe web site and not sure about what I really need...

Does Photoshop CS6 alone (Not the Extended Edition) allow you to create the picture in post 76 of this thread where you have combined 6 shots to get the final photo?

You do 90% of processing in ACR. Is that Adobe Camera RAW? Is that the same as PhotoShop Camrera RAW that they talk about as a Plugin to Photoshop?

If it is, is it an extra charge for the plugin? ( I don't see it mentioned as an extra charge)

Thanks for the help.

Malcolm

Malcolm,

Any version of Photoshop will allow you to combine different shots using layers/layer masks. ACR = Adobe Camera Raw, and it comes with Photoshop. I use Adobe Bridge to view the files, ACR to do the bulk of the processing, and Photoshop to combine them :).

Mmmm, sunset reflections, gotta' love 'em.

7283114692_8f11e34c94_b.jpg

- Andrew

I have a guy who is making rigs per request... I discussed to get slightly longer version but also more compact. Costs more but I can put into elise ;) and cost came around 300-400 pounds.

I have a guy who is making rigs per request... I discussed to get slightly longer version but also more compact. Costs more but I can put into elise ;) and cost came around 300-400 pounds.

He will definitely be able to beat my shipping price, as shipping to the UK isn't cheap, but no one beats my product. There is simply no way to build a quality rig for less than 450 pounds, film-grade equipment (which is what you'll need to be safe) just isn't that cheap.

- Andrew

Sorry, I actually checked price one more time... :)

5m long pole comes at 350 pounds (3m pole around 250)

+ 2 suctions cups (30kg each I think) 50 pounds

+ clamps

+ optional head for camera

So at least 500, maybe 600 if you go with manfrotto head