Lotus at Le Mans - Motorsport - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus at Le Mans

TLF News

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know of any live streams or other 24 hour coverage ?

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Nice! Wish I was there.

Lotus? In Le Mans? Really? After a 17 year break from the La Sarthe circuit...

The only time I went was 1997 - 14 years ago - when the Elise GT1 ran, for a while at least. "17 years" would go back to 1994, which was the last year in F1 of the original Team Lotus, but let's not go back to that one...

Have a great time & let us know how it goes. One car running OK, the other seems to have lost 8/9 laps?

Edited by BrazierD

The surviving Evora seems to be running 29th. Looks bloody cold, quite happy not to be there.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• Gold FFM

I can only see the race streamed from the inside of the #73 corvette, but I'm pretty sure I just saw it pass the remaining evora.

What astonishes me is the speed of the LP1 cars. They don't just pass the other cars, they fly past and I believe the Audi's are diesels?

Edited by ramjet

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

What's with the weird shaped wing struts?

And corvette #73 just went past the evora again.

Edited by ramjet

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Not a bad result! P.22 - 7th in class .....great overall finish too - 15 second win after 24 hours for Audi :clap:

Edited by nello

• Gold FFM

What's with the weird shaped wing struts?

I believe they attach the struts to the top of the wing to maximize the smooth surface of the underwing which is what does all the work

Lou Senko

Austin, TX

more, more, more....

• Gold FFM

Ahh. Aerodynamics 101. Thanks Lou. It's obvious now that you've said it. Before that, I saw it on several cars and was a bit like WTF? :getmecoat:

Corvette rules. Amazing recovery after the loss of 74.

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

A big "well done!" to the Jet Alliance team! :clap: I could only be there for the last few hours, but it was great experience all around! I do think I saw the great one snapping pics in the Jet Alliance garage then later cruising down the boulevard in Le Mans in the copper AU reg Evora. That was when I was sardined into the local tram with all the other unwashed. :) Tried to wave, but couldn't get a finger up. :whistle: I've now seen how the other half lives! :D

22nd overall, 7th in class and 3rd in the ILMC cup so on the podium for that.

Great weekend, my final report will be up in the morning but it's been a real blast. Would have been better if the fcukin' Gendarme hadn't relieved me of €750 though, gits.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Great race and fantastic to see Evora number 65 finish respectfully 7th in class!

Corvette has a strong and disciplined team. But it's my tax money at work, thanks to the US government $49B bailout to GM. Still love my Evora so much more than the al-to-common Corvettes over here.

I wish that Lotus would reconsider their LMP1 plans (competing with Audi/Peugeot, really?) and put that money to work to improve the Evora GTE performance and also use the experience to improve the road cars (with their new V8 maybe?). All we need is to shave 10 seconds off per lap to get lap times closer to 4 minutes and be in a better position next year to beat the GT teams and get on the podium.

Great weekend, my final report will be up in the morning but it's been a real blast. Would have been better if the fcukin' Gendarme hadn't relieved me of €750 though, gits.

Definitely have to read about this to get the specifics. I don't think any event would be worth that kind of money though. :sick: