Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The new Lotus "Exige" - Page 2 - Elise / Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The new Lotus "Exige"

Exploded

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a track focussed mini-Evora means that satnav/leather/reverse camera/sensor/homelink/ carpets will all be omitted bringing the BOM down significantly.

That would do nicely, where do I sign? :thumbsup:

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

I want a Super 7 with homelink! :D

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

No, there's been Exige V6 mules for a few years now. The original project was signed off by MJK a while ago but got canned 18 months or so back. This latest incarnation seems to be going ahead but with a more aggressive bodystyle similar to the GT3 racecar which was at the 60th bash. It'll be an interesting diversion, but at around £50k I doubt it will find a huge amount of homes - but I hope to be proven wrong on this.

GKP,

As our 2010 Cup 260 was just shy of £50K with all the "soft" options think the V6 will push £50K especially in SC guise we have our name down for one; hoping it comes in at 345+horses and weighing in around 1050kg mark; doubt we are the only ones knocking at a Lotus showroom over the next few weeks!

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

I'm running a poll on our homepage to see what people are expecting in Frankfurt. How many V6 Exiges would Lotus expect to sell that at price? It'll be a mental car but do you have to produce a number of these so Claudio can realise his rallying dreams, is it an homologation special?

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 4 weeks later...

This Exige Looks more like a proper Elise coupe than a badboy Exige! It has a massive booty too or maybe it's just an optical illusion due to the zebras! Good to know that they are developping a car to help with sales! However I don't know about fitting it with the same engine as the Evora unless they give Evora a power bump at Frankfurt! ! It's a bit dangerous for potential Evora 2+0 buyers! What are you supposed to get now!?

Not really a scoop! The Exige V6 has been some kind of an hydra for a while! I guess the demise of the ZZ and other high revving inline 4s and the desire of the new management for sheer power meant that any 2L turbo engine wouldn't do! So we are finally getting the Exige V6. it looks more like an Elise Coupé so the question is, will both the Elise and Exige get the V6!? I'm happy and a bit worried! Happy because it means that the cars will go out with a serious bang! Worried because putting the 'Evora' engine in a smaller and lighter car may not help the Evora! I guess it's all down to sales figures and proper market studies! Priced adequately an Elise V6 and Exige V6 could add some serious numbers to Lotus sales volume!

Some owners have swapped their ZZ for GR FE in the past and the weight figures were still very low keeping the car under the ton so provided the other mods done by the factory are not too heavy the cars may very well remain under 1000 kg!

I'm pretty sure that both cars will receive some of the upgrades seen on the Tesla Roadster 2.0: double din ICE, glovebox , more sound deadening all around the cabin, lower sills and obviously the IPS ...

Rather than bring out a V6 Exige based on the old Exige, wouldn't it make more sense to use the Evora as the platform and bring out a smaller, more track focussed Evora, perhaps called the, erm, Exige? A smaller, lighter 2 seater with it's chassis (2.5 times stiffer than the 111) and suspension would be the nuts, all that needs to be done is reduce the track and wheelbase and with it's VVA chassis that's fairly simple biggrin.gif

I'm not privy to anything more than you guys, just thinking out loud!

I like your thinking... a lot!!!

hum is there a photoshop artist that could clean the camo so that we can really have a look at the car! The front seems like more bestial version of the new Elise front end! A bit Artega looking!

Edited by NedaSay

I've seen the V6 mule driving around here and that doesn't look like it. TBH the one I have seen is a black old exige that has quite obviously got something bigger under the hood. Maybe they have gone from testing the engine to testing the new body/chassis/ride handling etc

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The new Exora! Huzzah!

thumbsup.gif

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Needs a Roof Scoop!! Loved that Roof Scoop, made it look like a hardcore Track car :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

The rear really is a Corvette derivate, I hope they won't run into trouble with GM.

Overall a good looking car, and I expect it to sell easily. I would have like to see it a bit more aggressive like the MK1 Exige, sounds like an Exige S-R could be on it's way... ;)

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

I still want one!!