Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
MY12 Evora - Page 7 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

MY12 Evora

Bibs

Autumn Bronze with a white interior would look really slick. AB with Black/Silver would look really good, too.

Maybe the stitching colors are something new?

Have the MY12 cars reached customers yet in Europe? I don't think they hit the US 'till Dec.

In my previous Evora, had the Oyster leather. Now, if you want the Ivory leather, you have to choose the Premium Pack Executive, and the whole interior is in Ivory leather... Too "ivory" for me.

Silver stitching is no more an new option... Has been presented as, but it isn't.

So will be Autumn Bronze with Ebony leather and red stitching...

Here, you can see the Premium Pack Sport with Ebony Leather/carbon leather and red stitching.

The exterior pics are from a Starlight Black, but on the pic linked, you can see that the door is Autumn Bronze and not Black...

http://www.evo.co.uk/front_website/gallery.php?id=469819

Elise R 07 - Europa SE 2008 - 2Eleven GT4 - Evora N/A - Evora S - Evora S SR - Evora GT430 Sport

Calipers are always red on the S MY2012.

Delivery for this year, but I won't register it in 2011, would be stupid.

Elise R 07 - Europa SE 2008 - 2Eleven GT4 - Evora N/A - Evora S - Evora S SR - Evora GT430 Sport

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the videos Matt

I like the first one particularly.

It just shows how the cars are built with the track in mind FIRST. Not a Marketing Plan or a P&L sheet.

Martyn Andersen ... 33 years at Lotus

he knows his stuff, I reckon :)

My pleasure. I put up an Evora S playlist at

if you want to see some more.

Calipers are always red on the S MY2012.

You can order them in black if you want. That's what I did. Other than the paint, the NA and S brakes are identical.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Yes, this is Velvet Red, next too the Evora S in Sienna Brown.

On the video (Evora S IPS MY2012), this is the new Amethyst Grey.

I think that Epsom/Racing Green is the best green they've ever come up with. Stunning. Still trying to warm up to the red calipers though.

Now this is my kind of no-BS car review: http://www.motoring.co.uk/car-news/new-lotus-evora-s-2-2_36397

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

I can vouch for the Yellow and Black look, although I think it looks better without the black roof as you loose the crossover effect between the rear screen and the rear 3/4 window.

Solar Yellow is now a standard color.

Chrome Orange is still availabe, as it's an Elise option. You will pay it at "Premium Color" price.

I think that Epsom/Racing Green is the best green they've ever come up with. Stunning. Still trying to warm up to the red calipers though.

Now this is my kind of no-BS car review: http://www.motoring....ora-s-2-2_36397

I agree on all three counts.

Racing green is stunning.

Red calipers look out of place.

The article says all you need to know, and in a few sentences.

Often, less is more.

Edited by Anthony27

Racing Green is amazing, I'm not usually a fan of the red calipers but I quite like the way they add a little extra to the more reserved green. I'm still tempted by the Velvet Red although I've yet to see a VR car in detail.

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I managed to have a quick look around a MY IPS S a couple of weeks ago, and it was lovely. The new seats look fantastic, although I never got the chance to sit in them. I liked all the little touches over my Evora aswell.

I think if I do change to another Evora, I'll be going for a 12 IPS S

We just received our 2 evora S MY2012 at the showroom. I made some km with the IPS, really pleasant. I have to order my new Evora, and really hesitate between IPS and manual.

Well I managed to have a quick look around a MY IPS S a couple of weeks ago, and it was lovely. The new seats look fantastic, although I never got the chance to sit in them. I liked all the little touches over my Evora aswell.

I think if I do change to another Evora, I'll be going for a 12 IPS S

Well I sat in the same car I guess Justin (new metallic black colour?) and have to say I noted many small changes from my model. I too love the seats and the little things like the back door pulls internally. Even little things like the back end of the door pocket is no longer a key loosing magnet as there is a block stopping objects vanishing. However my biggest love affair is the sound of the beast and that was without sports button pressed. It sounded awesome. Not sure that the new ICE unit will be any better although the graphics are much fresher. (Although after 2+ years cursing mine I can now do most things I want with it. It is the old not liking change thing I guess. They can never win! harhar.gif ) Still overall even just sitting in it going nowhere with engine idling it felt a nicer place to be.

Damn, I suppose that means we have to line up test drives in the spring? unworthy.gif

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023