Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
MY12 Evora - Page 4 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

MY12 Evora

Bibs

That particular car is Porsche Viper Green, but it's so saturated that it freaked out the camera sensor and didn't capture it correctly. I saw it in the flesh and it's darker than shown. It's actually pretty ballsy, just not my thing. Apparently when they first got a load of Evoras the first one to go was Isotope Green and the bright/weird colors sell well.

post-6978-0-86774400-1316106400.jpg

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

I was just looking at the press photos here and it appears that the IPS version has an armrest while the manual doesn't. Anyone know if it's an option for the manual?

Not sure about the packs on the 2012 models but the current Premium pack gives you an arm rest where the basic car doesn't have an arm rest.

Lack of media controls of a car in this class is a shocking omission. Maybe not essential on a back road blast with the ICE off but having to fiddle around looking for a tiny button whilst driving one handed isn't what the competition are doing.

I agree. Even a basic Renault Clio has media controls.

I think Lotus have a relationship with Renault so maybe someone responsible for the Evora platform could pick up the phone and speak to someone at Renault.

My 330xi originally came with Type 98 wheels...

post-6978-0-18828600-1316046145.jpg

...and run-flats. Given the roads within a 15-minute radius of here (something's always under construction), I went through five tires (sidewall bubbles) and three wheels, so even though the design wheels are stronger than the classics, I'd rather not have to replace one of those as opposed to a classic, or the bespoke 19/20 tires.

I promise, the ride with either option will be much smoother than in your Beemer. Used to own a 325i with 16 inch rims and runflats (plus M-sport suspension), the ride was horrible...

I remember your post to that effect and I believe you, but I'm not so concerned with the ride as I am with trashing expensive rims and tires.

Mid-December. I figure that realistically means early January. I'm sure it's unlikely, but it would be great if it was ready the week of the TLF party so I could pick it up and drive it around over there for a bit before it gets shipped to the US.

I was originally going to go with what used to be called Epsom Green, now Racing Green, which is beautiful (they had one at the dealer in for service), but someone I'm not about to argue with convinced me a brighter color suits the car best.

Has anyone seen a car in Autumn Bronze? This is tantalizing, but I wouldn't change the order without seeing some photos...

post-6978-0-21398100-1316033883.jpg

I think that's the same color as the Evora 414E Hybrid but in gloss. On the sample it looks really similar.

2010lotusevora414ehybri.jpg

Elise R 07 - Europa SE 2008 - 2Eleven GT4 - Evora N/A - Evora S - Evora S SR - Evora GT430 Sport

Hi Moxie, late on offering my congratulations on then new car order. Nice spec and looking forward to reading your reports in due course. Also looking forward to maybe seeing you sometime. What happened to your vists to Scotland this "summer"?

Not sure if you have ordered run flats but my sons Honda Civic Type R-GT running on the optional 19" rims with rubber bands fitted was on Bridgestone run flats when he bought it. Not OEM standard. On replacement he changed to standard tyres of same profile and there is a huge difference in ride quality for the better. Biggest problem with these wheels on the Evora talking to dealer and others here, is the wider rear track catches out lots of us and the tyre profile does not protect the wheel by sticking out slightly further like I have had previously. Our roads are terrible these days as well thanks to successive poor winters and I have never damaged a rim through rough roads. Only driver error......

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Hi Moxie, late on offering my congratulations on then new car order. Nice spec and looking forward to reading your reports in due course. Also looking forward to maybe seeing you sometime. What happened to your vists to Scotland this "summer"?

Thanks Allan. My dealer is getting a sample of Autumn Bronze, which might sway the spec. I'll post a photo when he gets it.

I had to postpone that trip and am now trying to squeeze everything in around the TLF party in December. I'll probably be back in Glasgow in the Spring.

Moxie, armrest comes standard with premium pack (sport), the car on display does not have one because it was forgotten.

I spoke to a marketing guy on the Lotus stand and that is what he told me. Sat in both cars and quality is MUCH improved.

Feels quite nice now. Closing the door is a pleasure!

Edited by DVR

Thanks for the pics, Racing Green.... mmmmmmmmm.

More pics of that color when it was known as Epsom Green here: http://www.autosport...os.aspx?ID=2059

Moxie, armrest comes standard with premium pack (sport), the car on display does not have one because it was forgotten.

You mean it's only on the Premium Sport Pack and not the regular Premium Pack? If so, I'm totally confused because the Lotus website only mentions the armrest under the regular Premium Pack.

Very happy for you mate, best colour as well, a little jealous... What colour interior?

Don't forget to look under the dash at that extra special new stitching! Hope you appreciate dannys efforts! Big mistake dropping burnt orange from the colours list, I daren't even begin to think how much that's cost you, it was expensive enough on the list...!!!

Chunky Lover

Thanks for the pics michadams!

Now I can't decide. Carbon Grey or Sienna Brown. Hm. That green looks fantastic, too.

CG all the way :)

lotus_evora_%284%29.jpg

Lotus%282%29.jpg

But admit that the Sienna Brown looks good, but the red calipers are a no go, in particular with this colour. Hope to find some time next week to go to the IAA to see them in flesh...

Very happy for you mate, best colour as well, a little jealous... What colour interior?

Thanks Simon. I went with Cognac for the interior. I originally wanted to go with all-Venom Red and a sort of blood orange look, but then I saw it in Paprika at the dealer...

post-6978-0-34863800-1316214987.jpg

...and all I could think of was sitting in the maw of some sci-fi creature, so I ditched that and went for a Sonoran Desert look instead.

As far as cost, honestly it's a bit past my resources, but it's one of those now or never things. Only thing that bums me out is having to give up the Turbo since I don't have room for another car and I need the money to help go towards the Evora, but at least it's going to another TLFer who loves it and will definitely take care of it.

CG all the way

That's brilliant!!! Did you do it? Don't happen to have an Esprit S1 in CG do you?

Edited by Moxie

I'm worried about Sienna Brown actually looking brown in sunlight.

I'm currently thinking of Carbon Gray S, Red w/ black stitching, Gray 19/20s and, if possible, body colored mirrors and a different colored headliner (preferably black). I switch between exterior colors whenever I see a new image of the Evora. lol

Paprika isn't too bad. A bit much when it's all over like in the picture above.

I was told by the dealer than the MY12 interiors will be 2-tone (black + your choice of leather) like the current Evoras.

Edited by insertaliashere