Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
This is a joke, right? - Page 12 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

This is a joke, right?

• Gold FFM

Just realised what you mean by 52.50 GBP. I see the Aussie $ price of $840. I kid you not. I suppose postage is on top of that. Buy enough of this stuff and the only lifestyle you'll have is that of a pauper. Maybe the brown leather bag at $1,904 comes with a free car. :lol:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone who thinks...or can be persuaded...that spending vastly inflated amounts of money on that sort of stuff will give you an "aspirational" lifestyle is liable to be sadly disappointed. Buying things doesn't give you a lifestyle...DOING things does!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Maybe this Caterham offering is more to your liking?

Out of stock, probably because they actually move product.

Tell that to wealthy people...

That reminds me--I've wanted to give genuine praise to Dany for something for a while, namely the Exos. That whole "rent/buy an F1 car and team" thing is absolutely brilliant. Pure genius. If any super-rich guys are willing to fork over for that, then I think that's fantastic for Lotus. I guess that's the purest and best executed expression of "follow the money" I've seen from him so far. Seriously, hats off to him or that.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

When thinking profit, fast nickles are always better than slow dimes.....

I'd like to know how many of those super slim leather jackets have sold to guys that car afford a new Esprit... :w00t:

I think it's fast enough…maybe

Wow ten, that should put Lotus in the black.. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

It looks like Swizzle stick may be the only non-Lotus owner that could fit in one.

It's a poorly designed jacket that would restrict movement while drivin.... Good for posin I guess...

Edited by ronin

Maybe they should produce a "Lotus Has Been" range for us fan boys...

PVC instead of leather and the like?

Mind you 10 jackets sold, boy that's gotta be more profit that's been made than on anything else in the last year or so...

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

Wow I bet that was a real money maker eh..... But those track only toys weren't built by Lotus just rebaged.

Maybe marketing something that Lotus doesn't build is the way to go ?

Bibs,

The not-built-at-Hethel is actually a rumor I've seen a couple a places about both the Exos and Evora GTE.

I have however in some of the videos about these projects also seen plenty of footage that I recognise at being from Hethel, so how much do you know about the extent that these cars are actually designed and built in house by Lotus?

Well, ten is roughly $10M, but still, I would thought more. My first target would have been those two Mongolian eagle hunting twits with the decked-out Benz trucks.

I don't think it matters if the Exos is made in Laos. If they can generate profit from them and fleece some whales I say more power to them if it'll help the roadcars.

Edited by Moxie

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Doesn't everyone know by now, that the T125s are just rebadged/reworked champcars, who were made redundant after the championship suddenly collapsed a few years ago? Mr Kalkhoven stood there with cars and engines already built, he got away with them nicely, don't you think? It's really no coincidence that Lotus is sponsoring KV Racing...

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

People don't care where they come from, they are selling, they have Lotus on them, they are getting Lotus to a wider audience, don't see the problem.

I do see the Problem with £90 odd for a T-shirt.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I would not have thought that a proper race car would have be built at Hethel, When Team Lotus existed they were at Ketteringham Hall. The Lotus road car factory should not be set up to build a race car, as that is not its purpose. Where the designers sit is a different matter though

Tell that to wealthy people...

They know it already...having piles of "stuff" is no use at all from a lifestyle point of view; you have to use the stuff and experience what said stuff can do...having things in drawers or garages or hangars isn't a "lifestyle". Getting the stuff out and waving it about, using it, DOING things is what matters. You can have a shed full of aircraft, F1 cars, huge boats etc. but if they don't get used or nobody knows you've got them, they are a waste of time....wealthy people can afford to leave things laying about untouched, but all that shows is how sad they really are. Conversely, one can have all the necessary trappings...aeroplane, car, boat etc. and all the experiences they can bring for not a huge amount of money. Which is really a "lifestyle"? Owning things or experiencing what they can do?

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

I'm sitting here thinking about where this thread started and wondering how waaay off topic I think we are and I was part of that.

Initially we were questioning Lotus putting someone in a position that few of us thinks add any real value in trying to get Lotus, clothes, accessories or cars I presume, to a wider market.

And now, here we are, getting all twisted up that someone may actually pay the listed amounts for the clothing or accessory range.

So, on one hand we want Lotus to market their wares and then we beat them up for the price. :lol:

Probably every one of us could afford to buy the jacket. (don't feed the kids for a week, sell a kidney etc) We don't see the value in the jacket like we do in our cars. Even with it's laser cut roundels.

If Lotus get to a bunch of people that want the jacket, then that has to be a good thing. Personally, I still can't see the Lotus rainproof jacket or seamless t-shirt becoming the new look of Swizz' followers, but I never thought I would see the day the Berlin Wall came down either.

Me? I'm thinking about buying the pen...... :thumbup:

Edited by ramjet

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)