Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
This is a joke, right? - Page 4 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

This is a joke, right?

That gold chain was handmade for me as a gift, it says GLC in large, then forum.com underneath. I've still got it somewhere, perhaps under the seat of my A Team van with 20 Marlboro and some Rizla.

My boy 'Fiddy is in, he wants to be in charge of the car park but said he'd prefer V.I.P. to plain old VP, innit.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

black and goldie looking chain theme all week Bibs?

Edited by Dave Eds

Dave.

This just in: Unnamed sources at Hethel have confirmed that the new Swizzlestick edition Evora will be made entirely of solid gold, powered by a Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel, and do 0-60 never, as it is intended to be trucked ahead of the owner to parties so that paparazzi can photograph them getting out, but not actually driving.

I'm also pleased to announce that as his manager...

post-6978-0-33570900-1313685100.jpg

...I have signed an endorsement deal with Lotus on behalf of Alpa Chino, and the Booty Sweat edition Evora, which heralds back to the Essex color scheme, will be available in 2013.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjQ8q5IeiKk

Booty Sweat in your mouth! HELL YEAH!!!

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

I wonder if they wouldn't be better off appealing to the entrepreneurial leaders in skateboarding/snowboarding, like Rob Dyrdek.
I do agree on this one, but get Tony Hawk instead.

On rap culture getting involved with "high" class brands like Dom Perignon, Lotus, Ralph Lauren etc..

If the target audience can even afford your product. Such marketing only works for a small time frame,

pop culture is always quick on changing brands. Like Chrystall, for a while it was nice, but the old reliable

customer base in fancy restaurants changed to a different brand because of the rap relationship. Now they

are left with nothing. Even without the bad publicity eventualy the rap community would have changed their favourite drink.

I also do agree on the target marketing, I think the money in future Lotus buyers is in the Financial and IT companies.

Better get some fancy 1 page adds in the lifestyle magazines that apeal to these people.

Still my favourite lotus marketing tool is getting their cars in some nice computer games as one of the main event cars.

Test drive 1 and Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge 2, were hugely contributing to me owning a Lotus now.

Although F1 and James Bond can also not be forgotten for that.

Edited by plumdeplakmuis

VAN DER LEE Turbo Systems     -      www.vdlee.com

I also do agree on the target marketing, I think the money in future Lotus buyers is in the Financial and IT companies.

Better get some fancy 1 page adds in the lifestyle magazines that apeal to these people.

I am a software developer for a financial company. They should be marketing to me :P

Its amazing how far off topic these chats can go!! I wee'd a little when I saw Matt holding a can of Booty Sweat.

Whats out next? Heres a few Dany Bahar may want to endorse:

The UK version of Booty Sweat "Butt crack dribble".

The all new "Feet Fluff"

The limited edition "Dribbley Nose juice".

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

How about this for a glove box accessory?

Lotus navel lint removers. :yes:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

So, Swizzy has asked his fans to vote in our poll...

http://twitter.com/#...!/THEREALSWIZZZ

post-1-0-13210000-1313747971.jpg

Not sure the result will reflect the views of Lotus owners and enthusiasts any more, perhaps it will reflect the thoughts of his fans though! He's got 660,000+ followers, this could swing it in his favour! :lol:

So Friday = practicing photoshop time (I'm bored).

All in good fun of course (taste, not so much) :D

creativemofos.jpg

Also hadn't realized that our Ceo was Phillip Seymour Hoffman. Pretty cool.

Separated at birth?

post1058574600131367875.jpg

Hey whats wrong with this wreck? We`re getting gas back here.

At least he seems to realise he's been kicked in the goolies....amazing that he even notices the poll let alone worries about it enough to mobilise his idiot "followers"....creative minds, indeed; wonder what he's ever created. I understood he was one of those twerps who thinks w*nking a turntable back and forth contributes something to the cultural life of the community and disgorges strange unintelligable guttural noises. Bring back scat, that's what I say!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

660,000 "followers" and so far 52 votes.....nice line in apathy there!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

Well another item that proves I am an idiot. I can hardly understand the tweets(?) on that link. :lol:

Also, there is a tweet saying here's a sneak of what we are going to do at Lotus. A rear 3/4 shot of the Esprit.

I'm with them.! Who else could have been that creative and thought of that? I am in awe.

Hey, I read somewhere that he helps kids with cancer, so I suppose his heart is in the right place.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Not sure the result will reflect the views of Lotus owners and enthusiasts any more, perhaps it will reflect the thoughts of his fans though! He's got 660,000+ followers, this could swing it in his favour! :lol:

I think he can afford paid up membership, good to know the site is so well read

• Gold FFM

Onya Simon. At least I know I'm not the only one who is note sure if he's posted and hits post again and ends up posting twice. :lol:

We've been in touch and he's going to email to keep me updated on what he's up to with Lotus. I've told him that I (and indeed we) are very sceptical and he appreciates the honesty but hopes to do a good job, he's read this thread. He'll be encouraging design risks but not 26" rims which is a good thing!

Time will tell, I'm not converted yet!

This is a fugcin joke can any Lotus owners or those that can afford a future Lotus even understand the twiter speak ?

This is great marketing..... :rofl:

I think it's fast enough…maybe

• Gold FFM

Wonder if he'll chill out with my words and lay 'em down on a track?

I wee'd a little when I saw Matt holding a can of Booty Sweat.

In the words of Robert Downey Jr. as Kirk Lazarus as Sergeant Sergeant Lincoln Osiris...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uVtx5k0sv0

..."You about to cross some f'n lines." Profess your allegiance to Tropic Thunder, the greatest film ever made, or I will fight you. Or we'll just hit some whiskey instead.

Also, I still don't give a crap if Swizz is a rapper, thrasher, or lounge act...I'd just like to hear something substantive from the guy rather than the preposterous "Here, drink this Kool-Aid" introduction we've been given. Lotus--let the man speak for f's sake. He's obviously sharp, so let's hear something. I have nothing against him, but I have a big problem with the dopey way he's been served up so far.

Edited by Moxie

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

The sad thing is that Lotus do not listen to those that have bought a Lotus.. They are just looking for a totally new buyer that doesn't exist.

To showcase a customized Evora S at Monterey with a retail price of $200K is just ludicrous when they are tryin to launch the new Esprit in the $175K range a year from now....

Hell you could buy a $50K Vett that could smoke the Evora S showcar on track and buy a new Porsche GT3 with the change..

Come on Lotus get a real car guy to market your product.....a guy from the real world

Ok, Swiz has convinced me: I want to upgrade my Evora. And I have a suggestion for a new special edition.

One with a Delete Option that removes the word "Lotus" and the insignia. So I can buy and love the car(s) and disassociate from what the brand is becoming. Bibs, would I still be allowed to post here?!

Edited by mdavies

Latest in a long line of oddball "celebs"

Naomi Cambell

Brian May

Baldwin Brothers

Paul Stanley

Sharon Stone

Some guy I cant remember the name off who turned up at the factory connected with the music bizz

Swizz Beats

With the exception of Shar , who I would look at anytime, I fail to see the relevance of any of the rest (are they just people Bahar meets at parties?)

MJK got the Esprit in two Bond movies, I would like to see Bahar top that!

SUNP0003-1.jpg

I'm sure Swizzle will incorporate the Naomi Cambell hands free phone system so that future housekeepers will feel secure..

Lotus, always thinking of safety.. :cry:

Les likely to disassociate those likely to buy a £100K car than Brian May IMHO, who is a raving lentilist. Some of the tweed cuntry set do have enough for a decent sportscar, but may disagree with Mr May's views on animals and sport