Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Worldwide acceleration (& security) - Page 3 - Forum Info & Help - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Worldwide acceleration (& security)

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 8 months later...

Incase anyone noticed a few mins of downtime,  we've just doubled the number of SSD's for future proofing. Plenty of spare capacity now,  we were at 85% before. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 1 year later...
On 25/09/2015 at 14:59, Bibs said:

Speaking of upgrading, TLF has just signed a new 2 year server deal wit our hosts, UKFast. Since the server we're on is 5 years old, we are getting a brand new Dell Hex Core machine with plenty of RAM and more importantly, SSD drives which should further speed up the websites :) 

Fast forward 2 years and we've just today upgraded to a new machine, which again is much faster than the one we're on, technology eh. I'll spend the next few hours testing the migration then swap us on to the new machine. Shiny :thumbsup:

Untitled.png

£5,784 + VAT is £6,940.80 over 2 years, in case you think the internet is free! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Bibs,

Thanks immensely for this site, can't say enough on how valuable it has been. Having a bit of grief over the past few days when posting on the Esprit threads, however, where it seems to lock up after a couple of lines of text. Windows reports a problem has caused Internet Explorer has stopped working. Any suggestions?

.... that should read " . . . Internet Explorer to stop working."

Thanks, mate, your tip reminded me that I'd recovered a trove of jpeg files by way of backup recently and it seems that the whole shebang was reverted to some earlier state of things in the process. Can't claim to be overly savvy on matters PC but usually manage about well enough. Just now installed an update package dated 2016 and will work with that before going all-in with the latest recommendation.

Cheers

• 3 years later...

Hosting all of our images on Amazon S3 suddenly started getting pricey as per below so I'm moving them back to the TLF server at the moment. There may be some disruption as there are a lot!

There's no reason for the increase in cost other than Amazon upping their prices. I guess they do have a space ship program to pay for!! 

screenshot-console.aws.amazon.com-2021.09.17-11_16_59.png

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Friday morning at 10am our server is being (physically) moved to a new data centre. We're currently in Manoc 4 but are moving to Manoc 7 which is much faster in terms of the network equipment (gigabit rather than megabit) but as the IP address will change there will be a certain amount of downtime as TLF will be in a van for a short drive and I'll need to configure some changes! 

I've also just changed our database engine from MyISAM to InnoDB which is a good thing I'm told! 

• Confused 1

• 10 months later...

From our hosting company... :blink:

I'm writing to let you know that, as of 1 April 2023, we will be increasing your monthly charge by 16%.

This isn’t a decision we have taken lightly, and want to assure you that we have considered all factors carefully before arriving at this conclusion. Key reasons for this increase include:

• Nationwide energy price hikes, which have increased operating costs.
  • Higher-than-inflationary price rises from suppliers and licence partners.
  • An industry-wide increase in tech-staff salary costs. 

While we have absorbed the majority of these heightened costs, we’re now at a stage where we need to pass on a proportion to customers, to ensure we continue to deliver the level of service you expect. In addition, we have excluded all contracts starting on or after 1st October 2022. At the moment, this price rise does not affect current colocation services while we continue to assess the energy market.

I wonder if they'll reduce it when electricity is cheaper again?

• Gold FFM

Of course they will. You think differently to that? :getmecoat: 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Yes?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)