Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Gearbox oil? TAF-X No more? - Page 7 - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Gearbox oil? TAF-X No more?

Rich H

Hi Yasou,

Sure I am. I speak to Kim once in a while.I live around 25 minutes drive from him.

Regarding oil, I would very much like if you can give me a few more info on where to get it, if possible.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi  Jacques 

I used http://www.opieoils.co.uk/ they has sale ( discount ) time to time. 

Castrol Syntrans Transaxle 75W-90 (Formerly TAF-X 75w-90) synthetic Transmission Fluid

£10.79 inc VAT plus shipping to DK. 

I'm going to order  some  gear oil  soon, so  if you are  interested  we can  buy  some liters to  share  shipping cost ? 

Send me a PM   

Yasuo

I was told that my transmission needed more than 3 Liters... new LSD installed and three liters added and still not up to bottom of fill hole. Any ideas? anyone have 4 liters of real TAF-X for sale, please?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Castrol UK has refused to sell to me here in the US. Also, both of their recommended distributors, as well. Need one liter to top off to top of fill port. Anyone want to sell a Liter? Nothing found here in the US including Lotus USA. ? PS: Would prefer 4 liters for next change but need one for certain. TIA.

Edited by MikieP

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the idea, however, Castrol said to dump it all and go with Syntrax UK (GL4+) stuff as it should not be mixed if I can not locate another litre. Go figure.

Edited by MikieP

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the idea, however, Castrol said to dump it all and go with Syntrax UK (GL4+) stuff as it should not be mixed if I can not locate another litre. Go figure.

Asking Castrol what to do is like asking your barber if he thinks you need a haircut.  :devil:

Cheers,

John W

I think I made a point a while ago on this thread..castrol are replacing a lot of their slow moving lines and re branding them. Edge sport oil is no longer available and is now merely called edge 10/60..for our grade. The taf-x hasnt been made for yrs. They recommend the syntrax as its still to the GL4 spec.

Ive used this for 4yrs now with 2 oil changes. I've see no issue. However all our boxes are now worn and as such my bix may be fine but the next chap may have a worn box and experience issues..just guessin he may..