Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF @ The NEC Classic Car Show 2011 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF @ The NEC Classic Car Show 2011

Bibs

For the 4th year running we're at the Classic Car Show at the NEC from the 11th to 13th November.

The theme this year is 'black', last year it was 'white' - I hope this gives you an insight into my imagination.

So far we have a black Sport300 ( :D) and black Exige 240r. I did ask the factory if we could display the Active Suspension Esprit that they have in their main office stairwell but they'd have to dismantle the entire office to get it out unfortunately. I'm looking for volunteer cars for our stand to be seen by the 80k+ visitors! Also, any assistance of offers on the stand itself are very welcome. So far it's Laura and I plus Cliff who is always a great help at this event.

Set up is on the 10th, cars can be removed on the 13th at around 6pm. Please ensure that your car is insured for display purposes (most Classic policies cover this).

:thumbsup:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm supposed to be in Birmingham working till the 11th although this is subject to change and I may be in Watford removing a machine.

If I am local I'll gladly help set up late afternoons/early evenings if that's a help but as for helping over the weekend I think it'd be frowned upon if I didn't return home after 3 weeks away again.... The baby's already stopped calling me Daddy!

Chunky Lover

Hi Bibs

You can use my Black Esprit again if you want. It's off the road at the moment but I should have it going by then.

Rob.

great first pints on you then :P

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Bibs, I'm there all three days with the MGCC but I can do a bit of stand duty if you guys want a break to have a look around.

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

If it's Dave's round, count me in Bibs.

Do we have to wear black too.?

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Thanks for the offers of help so far, most appreciated. Rob, thanks for the offer of the car. It's on the list but I'm trying to diversify a little away from Esprits to reflect the forums reach nowadays, although yours in a lovely looking car so it's sorely tempting.

We've also confirmed we'll be displaying a Type 108 and a Type 110 on our stand too :D

I should be able to help on the stand, on Sunday if required. I have said i will go round the show with my mate Saturday.

We really should try and get a JPS Europa on the stand and maybe a Elan 2+

• 2 weeks later...

Just to amend the above, I cant now do Sunday, forgot a friends 50th do (in bad books) but I could do Friday if needed, and help with set up on Thursday too.

Bibs, are there any club promo codes for discounted tickets this year?

I have just found a promo code that works on the interweb type in CLUB11 and this gets you tickets for Saturday or Sunday for £15.50 rather than the £17.50 advanced price or the £20.50 on the door price. the code seems to offer no discount for Friday.

I have just paid for and printed off 2 tickets and as part of the ticket there is a club voucher that if you hand it in to the TLF stand, they get £1 commission per ticket at the end of the show, a great way to help out our forum.

Edited by gasmangt3

Anyone who is coming along to help on the stand, please ring me and I'll make sure I come to you with an exhibitors pass. If you're not helping out, buy your own tickets :lol:

On the stand we have a pristine Lotus Sunbeam, Esprit Sport300 and Exige GT3. Nice! biggrin.png

Looking forward to this event, a real shame it will mean I miss the inlaws visiting for the weekend :)

Talk about a win-win situation.

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

I'll be turning up Saturday afternoon. Eldest and one of his mates have tickets for the Top Gear bit so I'm taxi service too.

See you there folks

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

I'll be there Friday Bibs. Got my ticket so no chance I'll be "working" harhar.gif

(not really....)

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Hey Bibbo, just wanted to wish you good luck. I am playing Poker in the Nationals from Friday PM till Sunday PM so won't make it. Have a great time and sign up lots of newbies for the Forum!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Your club needs you !! laugh.png

IMG_7570.jpg

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

You're looking a bit jaundiced there boss!doc.gif

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

A few piccys of the stand

DSCF4346.jpg

DSCF4353.jpg

DSCF4363.jpg

DSCF4369.jpg

DSCF4370.jpg

DSCF4372.jpg

DSCF4378.jpg

DSCF4381.jpg

DSCF4384.jpg

DSCF4388.jpg

DSCF4390.jpg

DSCF4391.jpg

DSCF4392.jpg

DSCF4393.jpg

DSCF4395.jpg

DSCF4396.jpg

Cliff

It´s times like this, that I regret living in Denmark.... nothing car-wise happens here... Would have loved being there with you guys :-) well another time I will! e.g. on December 10th ;-) very psyched about it!!