Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
mat temperatures...comparisons for fun... - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

mat temperatures...comparisons for fun...

Having done an espritmon log the other weekend, I finally decided to take a look at it, just to see how my chargecooler upgrades are working. Reasonably spirited driving down country lanes ending in town driving over a twenty min period. Basically, my air temp is reading steady about 30 to 32 degrees around the lanes, in town driving it tended to peak about 35 degrees. It wasnt a particularly hot or cold day, about 18 degrees if I remember.

So chaps, how does this compare to other peoples...the mods btw are the electric pump, and a rather large upgraded custom rad.

darren

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From mid January this year, inoperative chargecooler pump, dyno runs:

5 minute run - starts at 34 deg C and rises up to 47 deg C

2 1/2 minute run - starts at 49 deg C, drops to 44 deg C mid way and rises back to 49 deg C

2 1/2 minute run - starts at 45 deg C and rises to 53 deg C

1 5/6 minute run - starts at 53 deg C and rises to 55 deg C

The cumulative heat soak effects can can be seen in these runs.

From mid August this year, again with inoperative chargecooler pump, 1 hours of open road and town mixed driving generally shows high 40's to low 60's. No sustained hard driving.

So it looks like its running efficiently then..with no issues keeping the temps down! Which is good news, I wasnt sure if I still had an air lock in it as it was a bugger to bleed even with a bleed screw on the rad