Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
How to post images and image dimension rules - Forum Info & Help - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

How to post images and image dimension rules

WayneB

Hello Forum Moderators, I am having a spot of bother posting images on the forum. I have even tried to see if images I posted before would go again (with negative results) Any chance you could tell me what I am doing wrong(in simple terms as you know I am thick :rolleyes: Wayne

SUNP0003-1.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes:

There are 2 ways to post images on here.

The first is if you have the image online elsewhere and wish it to appear on here. You need to go to the online image, right click on it and go to 'properties'. In the properties window will be an address, or URL of the picture. Copy this by highlighting it, right clicking and selecting copy. Close that all and come to the forum. In the reply window, at the top there is a box with 'img' on it, click that and paste your url, then click 'img' again, job done.

Recommended image hosting sites are http://www.photobucket.com and http://www.imageshack.us

These hosting sites will also give you a link already inside the IMG tags if you look at the list of links for your pics, ideal.

Another way is if the image is on your computer, that's the white box on the floor next to your feet. At the bottom of the reply window there is a section called 'file attachments'. In there, click 'browse' and select the image you wish to attach from your PC, then click it, then 'add this attachment'. Job done, err, I think.

Good luck Wayne, let me know if you need pictures :D

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 3 months later...
:D when posing images you hit a limit on the store space . Some seem to put in lots of images of high quality. I can only manage a few. What am I doing wrong ? ;)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

They are hosted off site and linked to here using the img tags which is different to trying to upload them onto the forum.

Try using something like http://www.imageshack.us/

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks works a treat :D;);)

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Was scanned version of Esprit Classic Cars article; but I see that link has now been provided. However, for future - picked it up into the file attachment box and clicked to add; seemed to be attaching and upload bar filled but 'add reply' never un-greyed itself to allow posting.

Nev

• 10 months later...

Please help?!?

I am trying to upload a pic that is 800X600 which is ideal for this type of posting. The problem is when I use the attachment manager it says this: "Attachment space used 974.02k of 1000k"

So this means I have only 25.98k left to upload. How can I be using 974.02k of space without attaching anything?

99 Lotus Esprit Deep Purple * 07 Mercedes Benz E350 * 04 Volvo XC90 * 07 Yamaha R1

Sounds as if you may have (inadvertently) uploaded one or two files already.

To check go to - My Controls (top of page, to the right of 'Logged in as...')

Below the heading of 'Welcome to your contol panel' you'll probably see a list of recent attachments.

Owing to the LEF attachment facility's size restrictions it's usually better to upload any pics onto a (free) photo hosting site e.g. Imageshack or Photobucket. It's then just a matter of pasting the relevant pic's url into your LEF post.

HTH

I use photobucket.com it's easy to use as you just download a pic off your computer, adjust the size to "message board size" and copy paste the IMG code (only use this one). It turns out like this!

IMGP2932.jpg

If you want to fit in more and speed up download times use a smaller size.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Sometime when i post using IMG tag the page tells me i am not allowed. Then i copy and paste the whole thread content to a new window and it works. Think there might be a glitch with mozilla

• 7 months later...

Due to a spate of members recently posting huge images there is now a limit on image sizes which will be enforced by myself and the moderating team.

Please do not post images bigger than 800x600, larger images will be removed.

Most image hosting sites offer a facility to resize images either at upload or once hosted. Please take advantage of this.

Thanks for your help :thumbup:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Please do not post images bigger than 800x600, larger images will be removed.

Please take the time to do this guys. The slow download caused by the forum

having to resize multiple images makes some picture heavy threads a five minute

affair for some folk, often to the point they leave the topic, which is a shame.

Personally, i don't want to delete pictures someone has taken the time to post, so

as Bib's says, please ALSO take the time to resize them to 800x600 first. And please

post as many properly resized pictures as you like, it would be a shame to see event

threads with fewer images.

Am guessing most of you have by now experienced the delay caused by the forum

having to resize large images in threads, and that you understand the need for us all

to do this.

:thumbup:

I have to say that cleaning up posts is the single biggest job the mods do, so please resize before we have to do it.

For those who are not technical we are talking those images that resize your screen before the site software kicks in and resizes automatically. Unfortunately it doesn't do this till every image has loaded, causing slow loading of pictures, especially with high res unsized pics.

Please be aware guys and girls and resize your image (for those in photobucket there is a auto resize to "Message Board" size in the edit section).

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

no problem with the ones from photobucket but how do I resize an image from google fro example a birthday pic?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

no problem with the ones from photobucket but how do I resize an image from google fro example a birthday pic?

Worse case you will have to save it and resize it. Most googled images are small anyhow,

but there are plenty of sites like: http://www.picresize.com/ That people can use to size

stuff before uploading.

:thumbup:

er whats hotlinking?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

It's when you link to an image from another site. When you nab an image from google & post the address of it between the [ img ] tags.

I didn't really think it was a bad thing though, as long as it's not a huge image and the site you're linking it from doesn't mind. It means the image isn't using up LEF's bandwidth and it's using someone else's instead!

I didn't really think it was a bad thing though, as long as it's not a

huge image and the site you're linking it from doesn't mind.

This is a good point as some sites do mind. They may change their URL so your

picture is swapped for a big 'Please do not use our image' banner. Some sites can

change the pic for another pic altogether.

I remember someone posting an image once, and the site they linked to changed

the image to one of a man holding his todger. There is no way to tell if this will happen

to any image you link to, so there is some sense in saving the image, sizing it, and then

uploading.

:)