Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
PROJECT: PHOTO! An Esprit in every factory colour...ever! - Page 6 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

PROJECT: PHOTO! An Esprit in every factory colour...ever!

benjamincalleja

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 3 months later...

Hi could someone please supply me the black paint code for the early S3 Turbo Esprits with the black wing mirrors and bumpers and are they both painted with same colour coded black paint. I've had a good look through this topic and I see no mention of this.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply - is that the body colour paint because on the early ones the mirrors and bumpers were different even on black cars from what I can understand.....

I just reread my first post and I've probably not been clear - its the paintcode for the mirrors I'm looking for

• 1 year later...
  • Gold FFM

Going to throw my old S3 in Calypso Red which I have just sold (idiot) and the new toy, S4 Pacific Blue.

Very nice John, will see it later today at Alford. Will you be taking it on the Ring?

• 2 weeks later...

Well ,finished my S4 and this my next project.I bought this S3 a few years ago,what drew me to this one was the colour Altaire green with Green leather int ,in mint cond and everything standard.The car was driven into the last owners garage 19yrs ago and has stood there since.As you can see from some of the pics I have my work cut out.An interesting thing is that when I bought the car the owner ,who is the first by the way,bought the car from Lotus cars and was told that this was made to Colin Chapmans spec as was probably used by him.I am not sure on this but on searching the internet I found an Eclat that was used by the Chapman family and blow me down it was it the same spec as mine,so perhaps there could be some truth in it??

Anyway another colour to add to the collection.Cheers Paul G.

post-1307-0-16064700-1408903163.jpg

post-1307-0-75259400-1408903183.jpg

post-1307-0-03660600-1408903207.jpg

post-1307-0-72670600-1408903223.jpg

post-1307-0-65420200-1408903238.jpg

post-1307-0-17227600-1408903253.jpg

post-1307-0-04274400-1408903271.jpg

post-1307-0-89193200-1408903294.jpg

• Like 2

Love the green car!  The exterior and interior look amazing!

Did the guy spray the undercarriage and engine compartment with a salt water solution before storing it?

That is going to be one heck of a clean up job. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

At some point in its live ( previous owner ) , My S2.2 got the Imperial green or empire green B16 ( ICI code E355) of the notorious Lotus Carlton.

8ties car, 9ties color, I know

I got used to it and kinda love it.  Black at first sight , but dark green in spotlight, turning purple shaded at some angle in full sunlight.

c122729012012230545_2_zpscbwcb1xa.jpg

dreamonwheels20112.jpg

Geert

Edited by gvy
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Hi guys, ok here is my recently purchased S3, all original, never been painted Lotus Yellow. She hasnt had a good wash or polish in 7 years of storage so this will be rectified once I get back home.

This teasing pic is her just loaded on the delivery truck way down in Essex ready to make her long journey home.

post-12149-0-69826300-1433208643.jpg

And if anyone needs a good transportation ompany give me a shout and I will pass Jim's details, he collects and delivers all over the UK. I have used him twice now and is first class.

searching the internet I found an Eclat that was used by the Chapman family and blow me down it was it the same spec as mine,so perhaps there could be some truth in it??

yep, here's a link on this forum:

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/54725-chapman-eclat-s2-for-sale/

• 4 years later...
On 01/06/2012 at 03:40, benjamincalleja said:

I am expanding this section - can we at least scoure the Internet to find one in every colour and post the picture? For example the famous photo of Colin in front of the private jet in black with John player markings, it that not Gold (oyster) colour? Where is this car now, where the heck are the 11,000 odd cars?!!! Only a few thousand on the road that's for sure...

http://rolexblog.blogspot.com.au/. See the Colin photo here

As requested - 

lotus_esprit_s2_8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1