Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bahar Suspended - Page 12 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Bahar Suspended

As I said earlier in this thread, I think he's been pushed aside so DRB can do what they want with the company. I sincerely wish that it's to continue with certain aspects of the plan and push Lotus into profitability and not to chop it up and sell/close.

Dany was misguided at times with the parties/rappers/lavish spending but I think he's left a good mark on the factory, certainly. The last couple of years they've got through a lot of money, but a certain percentage of it has gone on the workforce, the factory and the Evora/Exige/Esprit which will be the positives he leaves behind.

Whoever is the CEO of the company, so long as he has Lotus best interests at heart I'll support them as best I can if they are doing the right thing. I'm a Lotus enthusiast first and foremost and want to see the company do well.

Agreed, most people will only see the bad and not the good he's left behind! The problem is that in terms of image the bad outweighs the good by about 5 tons! I heard and read bits on the company main building getting a thorough rebuild and extension, on a new engine factory being erected, I saw in person the new 2012 Evora at my parisian dealer and was able to see and feel the changes inside and out... I tried the Elise 1.6L (a cute little thing) all good stuff. The problem DB had was the signals he sent, the terrible PR that was used, the discutable marketing ploys, the misguided motorsport program being all over the place and being good nowhere in particular (F1 excepted of course), the initial misfire with Evora/Elan.

He'll be seen as the one who failed cause he did not deliver! Shareholders have every right to change CEO if they judge him 'inadequate' in the role. Some do it elegantly other not quite so... I guess this is not the end of the story for DB and GL. And it's for sure not the end of the story for Lotus despite what JS may think!

I'm expecting a small raft of changes in the hierarchy of the company but as long they get to keep Coco, Zimmermann, James and a few others the company will be fine!

Edited by NedaSay

Im not sure. Lotus has been talked about more lately than for ages.Not all good but still gets the name out to non Lotus people and into cars even second hand ones that's got a be a good thing.

Buddsy

Ok I know the expression any publicity is good publicity... and I agree when it comes to the general public... Not quite when it comes to corporate people... They tend to be more picky on some stuff.

Remind you of anyone in 1980's Tony?

Sniff Petrol have changed their title to:

SNIFF PETROL

"The misused company funds of motoring"

http://sniffpetrol.com/

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Am Still here, although I'm not sure how long I'm going to last.

Don't get me wrong - normally, I can't get enough tales of life as a young Turk growing up in Switzerland, but this guy just doesn't stop.

And don't even get him on how to turn a caffeine-based drinks brand into formula one race winning team of caffeine-based winners (with great teeth and leather jackets). Apparently it's much harder doing the same with an actual car company that has some form in actually winning formula one races.

Still, I'm learning a lot about how to negotiate an employment contract, how to get some volume into my hair and how to write a press release, so it's not all bad.

Dany asks if anyone is missing him yet.

Am hoping I get a bit more of the duvet tonight. We had a chat about that this morning, over the hair gel.

Sudders and Dany

Dany asks if anyone is missing him yet.

Gino is in fits of tears and just endlessly staring at a photo of Dany, he is not taking this separation well I am afraid.

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

Is Gino still employed there? More to the point, what's his function anyway?

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Well, he's not coming down here. Door's on a time lock anyway. Nine years three hundred and sixty three days left.

BTW - Dany told me that the five year plan wasn't actual his idea. Apparently he had a three year plan, but to keep it secret he made up the five year plan. Marketing genius, this guy. Anyway, so he says that his three year plan (fool everyone with a five year plan, slag off the current range, but then reheat and relaunch the same range, nearly but not quite launch a new car and enter all sports ((less netball)) ever) is now complete. And, he hasn't been fired - that's also a sign of his marketing genius - he has simply delivered on his three year plan and is off to pastures new.

What an awesome guy. He's on the chemical toilet right now, updating his CV.

Awesome.

Sudders and Dany

Yep. It's like those port-a-loos at gigs that Redbull execs and Ferrari marketing types use. Lots of fake wood panelling but basically you're still pooing into a bucket.

Still, he hasn't noticed yet, bless. I've put a massive mirror and some hair volumising moose on the back of the door.

Awesome guy. He is actually trialing some Lotus Originals underwear, and it's pretty awesome.

Sudders and Dany

I bet Mr.Bahar was ceased because his outrageous politics about sponsoring cars and Team that nothing has to be with Lotus...Karts ,Formula RenaultGP2 LMP2 Lola, the failure of INDY....etc

I bet he received comissions from sponsoring concrete teams

I bet Mr.Bahar was ceased because his outrageous politics about sponsoring cars and Team that nothing has to be with Lotus...Karts ,Formula RenaultGP2 LMP2 Lola, the failure of INDY....etc

I bet he received comissions from sponsoring concrete teams

So, you drive a Fiat, huh? Real name Martin? I thought not. You're a Ferrari spy!

Well, Dany IS a marketing genius. He told me. And he especially wants all you Ferrari driving, feather hat wearing, war losing, pasta eating Ferrarists to know that he is a marketing genius. Entering every sport ever; even ones that we didn't invent, invade a country and force them to play, is the sign of a true marketing professional at work.

Seriously, you should see his black and gold Y-fronts.

Awesome.

Sudders and Dany

You don't wanna know :no

I think we sort of do! Wasn't he involved with the Exos thingy!? Did it ever get off the ground? Did that thing generate any money?

Edited by NedaSay

Well, Dany IS a marketing genius. He told me.

Look, if Dany is The Guy responsible for getting the Ferrari logo on those "only-ones-that-fit-in-the-pedal-box-of-my-Lotus" Puma shoes when "God-knows-everybody-already-knows-the-name-and-logo-of-Ferrari", then truly he IS a genius!

Love my Ferrari Pumas... though I wish there was an ACBC logo on them instead. Just sayin', 'cause I did notice that the mice in my garage have started carrying little Ferrari flags and speaking Italian. Jerks.

Edited by 73JPS

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

• Gold FFM

Has anyone ever seen this webpage? Is this just a personal "Look at Me!" thing? If it is, why does it have Lotus in the webpage name?

http://www.lotusdanybahar.com/

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

That's an odd registration

Domain name: lotusdanybahar.com

Registrant Contact:

Cyclicom Holdings LTD

Cyclicom Holdings LTD ()

Fax:

La Corvee House

Alderney, GY9 3TQ

GB

Administrative Contact:

Cyclicom Israel Ltd

Galit Hillel (galith@gmail.com)

+44.7811332588

Fax:

43 Hamalacha, P.O. Box 8836

Industrial Area Poleg, Netanya 42505

IL

Technical Contact:

Cyclicom Israel Ltd

Galit Hillel (galith@gmail.com)

+44.7811332588

Fax:

43 Hamalacha, P.O. Box 8836

Industrial Area Poleg, Netanya 42505

IL

Name Servers:

dns01.gpn.register.com

dns02.gpn.register.com

dns03.gpn.register.com

dns04.gpn.register.com

dns05.gpn.register.com

Creation date: 07 Apr 2011 10:44:00

Expiration date: 07 Apr 2013 05:44:00

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

• Gold FFM

This one was on that webpage, but it's been suspended.

http://www.lotusfiles.com/Email/MotorsportWk3/index.html

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Just checked with Dany who I gave the top bunk to and now he won't come back down until I find some saffron for his croque majour. I have pointed out that we're in my nuclear bunker, but he seems to have a very short memory.

Anyway, the website was part of his other (backup) two and a half year plan, which has now been give the green light. He has sent his CV to SAAB. When they make him CEO He's gonna rent a house in Helsinki etc. Then, he's going to relocate SAAB to Israel, and launch five new fighter jets. Oh, and get SAAB into Syria (a bit of combat does wonders for sales - marketing guru, his guy), launch some SAAB flipflops and an action doll of himself.

But currently he's in the top bunk under my star wars duvet refusing to empty the toilet. Man, these genius's are awesome.

Sudders and Dany

A nice balanced piece by Joe as ever... Lotus are doomed it seems!

http://joesaward.wor...8/oh-danny-boy/

Joe Saward

"I don’t care whether you agree with me or not. Very simple."

Absolutely ! ....and as said elsewhere it`s good to hear Mr. Aslam is an engineer. I look forward to hearing of his discussions with Mr. Beatz concerning the history of the limited slip differential.

:rofl:

Love my Ferrari Pumas... though I wish there was an ACBC logo on them instead. Just sayin', 'cause I did notice that the mice in my garage have started carrying little Ferrari flags and speaking Italian. Jerks.

:hrhr:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Just checked with Dany who I gave the top bunk to and now he won't come back down until I find some saffron for his croque majour.

:lol:

Has anyone ever seen this webpage? Is this just a personal "Look at Me!" thing? If it is, why does it have Lotus in the webpage name?

http://www.lotusdanybahar.com/

There are lots of those, eg

http://www.hansholgeralbrecht.com/

It's just some form of link spam, nothing to do with Bahar.

and in our homepage poll so far...

post-1-0-35791700-1339237939.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Thanks Bibs. What's the point of 'em?

• Gold FFM

How do you know all this stuff?

I am just a web numpty compared to you. :hrhr: