Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bahar Suspended - Page 16 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Bahar Suspended

Calling the bunker, calling the bunker

Edited by DarrylV8

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Bunker t-shirt in the offing I think

I'M READY!!!

HeathsGreenCheese.jpg

And yes, that's your shirt, Bibster.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Right, I forgot I got you one in green. Well, that was going to be yours before the green one came your way.

Anyway, back on the topic...

Do we know through anonymous back channels if any of the rest of Dany's team have been shown the door or quit?

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Is Danny still talking to the team he brought in; officially or unofficially

Large rented property prices in Leeds area on the up?

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Gert, thank you for putting a bit more perspective on your info. I wasn't trying to be argumentative as much as I was trying to point out that one cannot draw conclusions from small sample sizes. The numbers Bibs have quoted are likely, at least by sample size, the most accurate, although I suppose they could be tainted by a company trying to downplay problems. Nevetheless, there still needs to be more context to the number of 14 cars with 14 rebuilds. By those numbers one could conclude (though I am not suggesting anyone is!) that the V8 had a 100% failure rate... at least in Belgium.

By the by, and (only slightly) more in keeping with the acutal topic of this post: does Dany have any info on the reliability of the V8? Mark? What's news from the bunker?

Patrick, there are more than 1 dealer in Belgium ;). The dealer who might have sold the most V8s in Belgium, does no longer exist though. What I tried to say is that I honestly believe the numbers Kimbers came up with, and I find it rather hard to believe the other numbers mentioned in this thread.

But once we had a conversation one the V8 engine guru's and Lotus had to swallow a lot of compromises for the V8 in order to mate it to the old Renault gearbox. I still think the engine in essence was very good, but still lacked development.

Reliability of the new V8 engine will be key! Let's hope they do better this time.

Edited by Exploded

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

please excuse the errors in my previous post (posted on mobile phone) :huh:

Causing some more dynamic thread drift :rambo: . is the engine in the new esprit mean't to be a stressed part of the chassis? if its not then could it be viable to re-use the 918 engine, seeing as the design isn't that old surely lotus could implement more modern fuel/ignition systems & keep the engine compliant with future regulations???

They might as well cut a hole in the floor, Flintstone style. A 17 year old engine cuts no mustard nowadays even if you update some of it and the market would not have such an engine in a £130k car.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I'M READY!!!

HeathsGreenCheese.jpg

And yes, that's your shirt, Bibster.

NICE WHEELS MATT !!

Well all said and done.......DB has been busy with a secret project (on the side) after all.

It is about to be launched ...investors are being sought .Here is a sneak preview from one of our top carhunters;post-5047-0-03613800-1339646254.jpg

Technically sound ...Theoretically poked !

• Gold FFM

I worried for Marks safety (suddabym) :shock:

It's been very quiet from the bunker for nearly 2 days now.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Dany ran out of hair gel and went on a murder spree? I love thread drift, its all like drifty in a thread way!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Surely that's Bahars bunker 5 year plan that were unveiled at the Bunker Expo '12

Due for completion 2017, investment has already been secured and the main contractor signed up.

Please await the launch of the Bunker Originals lifestyle range

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

You see, this is why my bunker-buddy secretly turned off the development of a V8. Apparently, historically a V25 has been far more reliable. Although it did pull to the right abit. Wolverine is solving that using bricks, so I'm sure the new engine will be fine. It worked for Porche. Stressed as part of the chassis? You're asking Dany? You know he's a marketing mountain don't you. You want that answering ask the socket set carrying new guy. But, just to please, Dany called Wolverine who stated that as a roof mounted engine, it would also serve to improve handling and overall balance. And thus the Enorm would have been the only roof engined 25 seater production car in the world. Awesome.

Fools, you think the entrance to my bunker would be so obvious! Hah! The nasty old media, who have never truly grasped Dany's automotive (and fizzy drinks) brilliance, fell for our clever deceit. That's actually HMQs bunker entrance (Dany knows where it is cos he knows some of the family, apparently). You can tell because the entrance is specifically designed to take all the State coaches. Apparently.

Dany tried to read your foolish and insane drivel about Lotus derived engines, but then remembered that he knows nothing about such trivia. But he did say 'see, people were stupid enough to buy a Lotus with a engine knocked together from an old GM parts bin back then, so why not now?' Which is a fair one. I pointed out that I had an Esprit and it never went bang and he applied some direct marketing to my face again. I may be getting Stockholm Syndrome, but this guy is just fantastic. If I owned a business that was loosing money and I needed to turn it around and Dany came along and even though he clearly didn't know anything about actual car building or double entry book keeping, I would still have employed him and not bothered to look too closely at how he was spending all my money. He really is that impressive in the flesh. Especially, when I have just eppilated him and freshened his bronzing tan.

Dany says he likes the T-Shirt idea, but only once he's had his lawyers look over the merchanising deal and he's happy with the commission percentage. He thinks we should start big, maybe launch 5 different T-Shirt designs simultaneously. Although he reserves the right to bin some designs shortly after launch. We should conduct the launch at Pebble Beach, obviously, and he will need a private jet for that. Goes without. Until the launch of the New Era T-Shirts, Dany plans to slag off those that are already in circulation (in order to create a 'marketing buzz' and demand, as people are shamed into no longer wearing their old, tired and tattered T-Shirts). But he may need to redesign and relaunch some of those older T-Shirts if he can't quite get the wing mirrors right on the New Era ones. Obviously.

So, if you're all prepared to go along with Dany's marketing genius, then we're on for a global launch of a new series of Bunker (location undisclosed but it's not Switerland - God can you imagine!) T-Shirts.

The spam was pretty bad, but we're now using it to stretch the medallions of beef in a red wine jus, just a little further.

Dany had his drawing of a 1950's bubble car rejected by TVR. Something about it being a 60 year old design. Which is rich coming from TVR. Dany said that, so sue him. He spent most of the day sitting on the chemical toilet trying to self harm with the loo brush. It was a difficult time. When I finally got him out, he needed some reassurance, so I sang him Soft Kitty and let him have a can of Redbull while wearing his Ferrari baseball cap. That cheered him up a little. He's actually very sensitive.

Manic called to. Says he's not staying another day if new guy with socket set asks him one more time to design a supercar to fit on the Savvy's underpinnings.

Yes, okay Dany, we can play Risk! now (I let him win. He's a lot easier to handle once he's taken over the world).

Sudders and Dany

Is it a Premium Lifestyle Bunker cause if its not I don't want it!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

My last picture was just a ruse, spies from inside the dany entourage have leaked this

tom_cruise_bunker.jpg

Trust me, this isn't my bunker, although I think Dany may have leaked this, cos he doesn't want people thinking he's in a small bunker at the bottom of my garden, that doesn't have it's own helipad. Bless'im.

Sudders and Dany

• Gold FFM

Really is an out of place comment in the article, isn't it?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Will Dany be applying for the Tottenham job? He may not know anything about football but he does know about spending money!

Edited by Nelly9000