Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Integrator value very low! Ideas? - Page 5 - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Integrator value very low! Ideas?

Sparky

"My hovercraft is free of eels!" Nicely done, Sparky.

:thumbup:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Hehehe! You don't miss much, do you John?

Here's hoping it stays that way. Would love to see Steve with his car at Newlands next week!

Did a cambelt yesterday - felt like a holiday after that SE...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Soooooooooo, a little mid-week progress report.

Decided I'd take the car out this evening for a run around the locality to see if it's still behaving itself...

Started it up from cold and let it idle to temp - all very smooth. Got it out of the garage and off we went - VERY smooth.

No poor running, no horrible stumble - just a beautiful late summer evening drive.

15 miles later I arrived back home having had the best drive in nearly 9 years of ownership.

I finally have the car of my dreams :)

I do just need a bit of assurance from you guys about the well known 3k RPM 'stumble' associated with the standard factory SE/S4/S4S chips. Does it feel more like a mild flat spot around the 2800-3000 rev range ?? I ask because that is what I am now experiencing (with a standard S4S chip) and am hoping its not some residual ongoing electrical issue.

If anyone can describe the 'normal' known stumble to me, I'd really appreciate it.

Steve

89 SE Pacific Blue

http://lexi.mantaur.co.uk

Did your drive pass by any salt water ponds, Steve? :sofa:

electric-eeld.jpg

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Hope it keeps working well for you Steve! (Sparky too;) )

I have the S4s "stumble reduced" chip, on my nearly stock SE, so I don't think I've experienced the "stumble". I do remember that it has something to do with proper wastegate adjustment...?

However I will say that I had a very elusive phantom problem with high boost cutout for quite a while. Could not figure out what was wrong, and freescan wasn't really pointing to anything, except maybe a long term fuel trim showing that the ECU thought I was going lean... Turned out to be that the pulsation damper above the fuel pump was leaking fuel pressure just after the pump outlet, so that pressure was never getting to the rail. Idle fuel pressure was normal, but it didn't rise enough with boost.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Clocked up a load more miles in the car this afternoon and finally felt right to take my father in law out in it (he drives at 50 on motorways, 40 on national speed limit A roads... you get the picture). Managed to scare the s**t out of him but made him grin from ear to ear :D

The car is still performing faultlessly and is such a pleasure to drive.

I even spotted another Esprit whilst out - D**GSG a red S3 - which must be local as I spotted it back in February driving right past my house. He seemed as chuffed as me to have shared the same piece of road at the same time !!

Anyone else have any 3k stumble descriptions as I'm still feeling this mild flat spot around the 3k mark ??

Steve

89 SE Pacific Blue

http://lexi.mantaur.co.uk