Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exige S Roadster - V6 Exige Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Exige S Roadster

Bee

Don't suppose anyone has any info about when we might see the Exige S Roadster appearing? Would also very much like to know what the premium interior looks like/whether there's any resemblance to that 'showcase' interior on the Geneva show model.

post-13442-0-43255200-1346028388.jpgpost-13442-0-58943800-1346028413.jpg

I heard the spec wasn't finalised yet. One of my major issues with the hardtop S is the interior, the one at the Paris show was awesome, the production version is the same as the Elise.

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

You can buy the Exige S and order everything to make it a soft top - so one dealer has told me. That way it's not restriced like the Roadster - same in every other way.

I realy like the proportions of this car!

I'm with you, Stirling_Villeneuve, the interior is a big issue, but if something like the interior in the pic was available as the 'Premium' I'd say Lotus had made up some serious ground. I've not seen the Premium interior anywhere, so was wondering whether it was finalised yet, and bore some resemblance to the showcar. Fingers crossed!

• 8 months later...

ARG! Add a wing for gods sake! It's a sports car not a bleedin family hatch back!

Otherwise...GREAT!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I don't agree, the wing won't make sense on the roadster. It will look tacky (IMO).

Also, I do think there is market for a cheaper version, with the Naturally Aspirated V6. At least for the roadster. 

The usage of the roadster won't be that similar to the coupe I think, the roadster won't track that much, but tour a lot more.

This car would sell like hot cakes in the US...

(ex) Elise S1 (VIN 357) LHD

^ What he said. The wing would be completely ineffective with the airflow over the open cabin too.

I bet the Roadster will sound the nuts driving at full throttle through a tunnel, can you imagine :D :D :D

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

There's no front splitter either so it's a difference aero thing.... isn't the top speed limited to 135ish? Not that it really matters... I gather roof is only safe-ish to that sort of speed. 

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

I see in many forums this car is seen as the new 308 GTS and the interior fitting will be an important feature if they wish to sell it not as track focused car, which I do feel as well.

Just a general question though (relative to the touring / practicability): why the modern Lotuses don't have a front boot? 

Edited by FredP

I still like wings...mumble mulmble

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

The rad takes up all the room :)

I know Bibs (seen on my elise) :-D   but my question would be then why the rad is so big? Ferrari, Porsche... needs to cool bigger engines and they design their cars with a front boot!

I still like wings...mumble mulmble

hehe :-)

Edited by FredP

As in the Elise, the rad is an aerodynamic aid as well as water cooler and it's at a very sharp angle. There's just not the room there for and type of luggage space. I'll see if I can dig up a pic of the front of the car on the line before the clam is attached.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.