Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
lotusespritparts.com - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

lotusespritparts.com

nic996

The owner of that company is called Mike. He has a website called lotusespritparts.com

He's a nice guy. I got a set of door to body finisher trims from him.. They are very good quality fibreglass parts.

Was thinking of getting an s1/s2 hornpad off him and fitting it to an eclat steering wheel, since the s2 steering wheel is pretty rare and very expensive.

I agree the website looks awful. Its not hard or expensive to put together a decent site these days I must admit, I thought it was the same guy who makes those replica parts in New York. I heard some bad things about him (rightly or wrongly) so I ignored it at first. I will call him though. So in a way his website has worked for me. mmmmm.....

The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit - Richard Pryor -1971

Yeh I think that's the one. Dodgy indeed it would seem.

However back to the subject, I emailed Mike and he replied very promptly so far so good. Lets see if he comes up with the part I am after :-)

The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is that vampires are allergic to bullshit - Richard Pryor -1971

• 3 months later...

Have not received the part yet. There has been a huge delay. I emailed him and his reply was very prompt and immediately offered a refund because of the delay along with sincere apologies. He gave me a full explanation to the delay which I was happy to accept. It's in the process of being made now so hopefully in 3 or 4 weeks I can update you on the quality.

The website is in the process of being updated. He said his usual guy is on vacation and he has somebody else doing the updates. I haven't seen the comments on the website because it is still not functioning so I can't myself make any comment on that.

I have also ordered some parts from Mike and the treatment has been perfect. He relies and explains things properly and seems very correct. He has told me in advance that my parts are going to take long and has let me decide if i want to make the order or not. I have placed it anyway. He has a client waiting parts queue list where you can see the progress on your order. I agree that the website is very very unprofesional, but the person makes up for it.

• 4 months later...

Hi all!!!

Any news about Mike? I did place an order last October 22nd 2012 for two side mirrors for my Esprit S2.

He told me at the beggining it was going to take time, but this is taking too long. He told me a story about someone complaining regarding some parts a while ago, but I told him I just want my mirrors...

He seems to be nice, but I fully paid more than 7 months ago, and now he's "missing" and don't answer my emails...

Anyone can help?

Franky

Lotus Exige S2

Lotus Esprit S2 JPS #27 -restoration process-

I'm in the same boat. Been waiting 7 months as well and no reply to emails nor to phone calls. According to the website my part is complete but not shipped. Just called him for the third time today without reply. My patience is running on fumes.

Edited by nic996

Dont know how long its been there but the first paragraph of the website is not inspiring.

"I'm not a conman"  - make me think exactly that!

Hope you get your parts or your money back guys. So frustrating.

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Having "i'm not a conman" on your website is about as unprofessional as it gets. If there are issues with a customer then it should be settled privately. I'm regretting my transaction now. I could have spent the last 7 months sourcing the part elsewhere instead. Also, the parts were promised in 6-8 weeks. or 42 - 57days. How convenient that the paypal refund limit is 45 days. I'm getting wound up thinking about it now.  :rant:

I won't judge the man, especially as I have no dealings with him . . .

But I'll stick with SJ's for body parts for now.  They have the right texture (i.e. the parts that were originally ABS at least have the ABS-like texture -- the guy in California's parts look a little smooth in the photos), and I like the fact that SJ's are molded in black gel coat.  If I get a scratch on my bumper, it's still black, not white . . .

A side note on porschepalace . . . that guy stole a picture of my original un-cracked burgundy 944 dashboard and posted it on his web site as his "Re-dash" product . . . . glad to see his web site is not around any more . . .

- T

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Has anyone actually received parts from lotusespritparts.com? My rear federal bumper has some cracks and paint damage and I was contemplating getting a replacement instead of patching it.

Brian 

Brian,

What is your Federal bumper made of, or where is it from?   The originals were foam with a thin rubber/vinyl "skin" that wrinkled over time, and the most common replacements were black ABS plastic covers from Sports Car World in Texas.   The foam bumpers wrinkled and tore, and the ABS bumpers warped, but neither was painted or was prone to developing cracks. . . .  I'm curious as to what you have . . .

- T

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Hi Tony,

My front bumper is as you described a soft foam with a thin vinyl cover, it has a few wrinkles and a few small tears but is in generally good shape. You can squeeze it with your finger and it bounces back, like a firmer than normal dish sponge.

My rear bumper appears to be a slightly different material, its much more brittle, I'm guessing but I think it was skimmed with something and then painted as the surface is rigid and doesn't give at all without cracking. I've taken it off the wedge as its separating from the metal brackets inside. Where the brackets have come loose I can poke at the bare foam and its very hard, not soft like the front bumper at all.

I can't say for sure but I think they are both original. Do you know if the rear bumpers were originally as soft as the front ones?

Brian 

Has anyone actually received parts from lotusespritparts.com? My rear federal bumper has some cracks and paint damage and I was contemplating getting a replacement instead of patching it.

Brian 

I haven't received a thing. Ordered in November, had reasonable contact until 4 or 5 weeks ago i.e. endless excuses then nothing. No answering the phone and no email replies. Suffice to say I would no recommend anyone to use his business (if it still exists). As for SJ parts, I got front and rear bumpers recently. Delivered in reasonable time and the quality of the front bumper is great but the rear is flawed. There is a hole on the outer surface that needs filled and painted. By the nature of it, it's not courier damage from but a flaw in the moulding process. I can't be bothered sending it back and waiting another month to get it. I have the facilities to fill it and paint it with minimal fuss. I am sure Steve would exchange it for me without quibble but it would have been nice to get it flawless in the first place. It is a visible trim piece after all. Otherwise the service and quality has been excellent.

• Gold FFM

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I just received an email!! Apparently the parts will be shipped out soon after a new computer system has been installed. I am not normally cynical but..... I will believe it when I see it.