Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Can't use the NAV..... - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Can't use the NAV.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it considered normal for a Nav to lose GPS  signal every 30 seconds followed by announcing that everywhere i go there is a traffic jam approaching. When there never is? This has to be the least effective sat nav I have ever used. I use my £50 Nuvi and it never fails but this pile of sh*t is just not fit for purpose. I would never have signed this junk off, Lotus craziness IMHO.

Lotus had an OEM agreement with Alpine that they apparently could 't get out of before 2012. It's basically a scrap electronics. The Pionier ig much better, and though I installed a Sony XNV L66BT.

Edited by TBD

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Ok, here is the thing. The sat-nav isn't fit for purpose for whatever reason and the bluetooth for phone calls doesn't work either. The Imprint stereo is brilliant so no complaints there.

Can I make a case to get the Nav unit replaced or upgraded under my warranty?

There are lots of posts about this unit to trawl through for the history but if your car is early 2010 there is a good chance that you need the antenna upgrade.  I felt like you with my first Evoras and that made a huge difference.  It will never make it an intuitive unit but at least I could then get radio stations and have a sat nav picture.

Try the warranty issue, but I'm not sure you will get far on previous discussions.  More likely to start with the above.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

I was 'lucky' enough to have one of the LE cars and another of the first cars and the initial antenna position was somewhere over your feet or something like that with a bunch of extra cable that was tie wrapped into a bundle so tighly it could be nipped. Location wasn't brilliant.  At some point about 1 year in, I got the upgrade mentioned which was basically the same thing with shorter cable and now fitted in the top of the instrument binacle in the 'removable' panel that is there.  After that heh presto my units went from being totally useless for Sat Nav and radio to merely cr@p radio and fine sat nav.  I might be wrong but I'm sure that even later cars run the thing up the right hand A pillar (offside in UK) into roof area but that may be wrong info.  There are other old posts where this is discussed to nausea level.  I gave up ages ago and just use it for an i-Touch player and occassional sat nav.  I don't travel that often on journeys where I want radio to get stressed about it.  As for Imprint that was the biggst waste of money on my LE car where not an option. I wouldn't be surprsed if wasn't actually fitted.  Don't get me started on the speaker quality either but all this is going off topic.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

I've the same problem now, but how the heck do you get that fuse panel off?  The top right hand corner does not seem to have clearance past the washer filler compartment release box (or whatever that metal box is for). The panel doesn't seem to wiggle out of the "channel" on the base. :huh: