Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Elite and Eclat Register - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The Elite and Eclat Register

Dunc

I've been laid up with flu, and decided to spend that time profitably, by doing all the data entry from the old archive (word!!) and dropping it into excel.

The plan is to try a mailing, to see how many owners/cars from the register 2001-2004 are still with us and still want to be part of the newly re-launched register.

Here are some stats from the old register:

198 entries on the register in total.

type 75 = Elite S1

type 76 = Eclat S1

Type 83 = Elite S2

Type 84 = Eclat S2

102 type 75 elites 47 on the road in 2003

76 type 76 eclats 25 on the road in 2003

20 Type 83 elites 13 on the road in 2003

18 type 84 eclats 12 on the road in 2003

New register:

The long term plan is to host it here, and reclaim some elite and eclat owners for TLF. However in the short term, I'll build it in excel.

If you have an elite or eclat, and want to participate in the register with your cars details, send me an email and I will send you a form. Or you can use the attached file (temporary word doc) and mail it to me.

duncan_hayton@hotmail.com

hope to hear from lots of you!

best wishes

Duncan

The Elite and Eclat Register.

RegisterForm.doc

Edited by Dunc
  • Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

hello Dunc,

can you send me your e-mail adres? (inside a PM) because i have something interested for you...

you got a nice list from me,

and you are very very happy with it!

Hi Dunc

Where can i view the list of Type 75s you have details of or have you not been able to do this yet?

Just looked on How many left and from what i can tell there are 158 Type 75 on SORN,and 48 roadworthy(went for 74-81)

I,ve been in contact with the site a few times and he says it will be questionable ref the SORN numbers but the taxed examples should be correct.

If thats true then there was only 1 series 1 from 1974 taxed as of Q3 last year and if thats the case it was mine!!

Its on a SORN for winter but was taxed until the end of OCT 2012,could this be true,anyone know of a roadworthy 74 elite  upto Q3 2012.

Edited by SafraneV6RXE

I've not got the list from 2003 hosted online. It is old data and it's purpose is to act as a contact mailing list to relaunch the new register with current data.

Once I have the respondents in I will be able to confirm what there is from '74, but what I can tell you is that there were a few early cars roadworthy in 2003. There are also some very early build date cars in the US.

Regards

Duncan

Edited by Dunc

Dave,

To answer your question:

There are 9 1974 Elites on the old register in the US.

There was another 1 in Australia, and 1 in Sweden.

In the UK, there were 11 1974 cars surviving in 2003, of which seven were indicated as being "on the road".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi

Mine mod 75 is chassi number 14C and Still running. It's from Sweden so might been that one from old list. It's been two years now in Finland. I will add details later.

Edited by kt6877

ok, send an email to elite-eclat-register@hotmail.com and when I get home tonight I will send you a registration form for you to complete!

:thumbsup:

Pete,

It's a different car. Its a similar early chassis number, but its not the same as your one, which means that in 2003 a sister car to yours was on the road in Sweden. Hope it still survives.

Your car is new to the register. If you send me an email at elite-eclat-register@hotmail.com I will add you in.

Regards

Duncan

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Hi, I have a 79 eclat and have owned her for the last 5 years, been on sorn over the winter but presently undergoing an engine and gearbox change, with a bit of luck she will be coompleted by Monday and back on the road at the start of the month. Also just broken a trashed 76 Elite, to far gone to restore so she is now being used to keep friends cars alive. Please keep me up to date with the register and I will post it on my club website which is club Lotus North East Scotland, we have 76 members and 86 cars on the club and at least 2 early Elites and 6 Eclats.

John & Wendy

Edited by johnpwalsh

• 2 weeks later...

at the moment, the old register isn't held anywhere other than my laptop, but you can mail me the details and I will check.

elite-eclat-register@hotmail.com

regards

Duncan

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My first Lotus was an Elite 501 it was white with a black vinyl roof ,I had numerous problems with it, the fault list is too long to put on here ,but I loved it to bits ,when it was on song it was a cracking car to drive

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Gents - sorry if this is not the best place to ask but if like me you've always been a PetrolHead and since the year dot have always kept a keen eye out for Cars - There used to be a Black Elite kept not a million miles away from where I lived at the time in Balsall Common - between Coventry and Solihull. It was around the late 80's / early 90's before I bought my Esprit. I always liked it and kept a look out for it until it disappeared years later. Just wondered if anyone on here has one with Balsall Common references for a previous owner...... It was on Windmill Lane for years...........

• 2 months later...