Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit 'Timeline' Display at Brands Hatch 2013 - Page 4 - Lotus 70th Anniversary Party @ Lotus Cars - 29th September 2018 - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit 'Timeline' Display at Brands Hatch 2013

Hi.  I didn't realise that you required the car for both days, I'm afraid that I can only make the Saturday and had planned to park with the Historic Lotus group.  If anyone wants my place, feel free - V8 GT

Kenl

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Dodgy dave from up north way with a lovely 350...not sure if hes attending the show. Nigels s4s is a beautifull example...but I think he might be entering the polish thingy...

Staying local up the road where there is a choice of pubs for the evening..ill be there from friday so early sat ill be waiting eager bleary eyed and probably half cut...heavy lifting may be out but ill gabble excitedly to jo public...ill try and dribble as little as possible...

I'm really really sorry but I won't be able to make it this year.  My parents have an open garden weekend, the date of which has just been confirmed, they have just under 2 acres of garden & my father (in his 70's) had a hip repositioning op last year, so my help is needed in readying the garden!

I am gutted to be missing this year's event as last year was great.  Once again sorry about this & the short notice

Just wanted to reconfirm everyone is still up for this. Cars will be on display from pre-9am on Saturday to around 4-5pm on Sunday.

Will we be able to take the cars off site on Saturday and return on Sunday morning?

Just wanted to reconfirm everyone is still up for this. Cars will be on display from pre-9am on Saturday to around 4-5pm on Sunday.

http://www.lotus-festival.com/news/esprit-de-corps-1626/#more-1626

We're still in need of a JPS, an 'S', an S4s and an early V8.

S1 - Gordon Masson

S2 - Chris Southam

S2 JPS

S2.2 - Gvy

S3 NA - Hopo

S3 Turbo - Hopo

S3 Essex - Bazza907

X180 Turbo - Mike6

X180 NA - mdw

S

SE - Steve Smith

SE High Wing - Gert

S4 - Dodge1979

Sport 300 - Ken Baird

S4s

GT3 - Alex--GT3--

V8

V8-GT - kenl

V8-SE - Steve930

Sport 350 - Trevsked

V8 Final Edition - Brian King

Bibs

Still very much up for this but on the Sunday the car will be the 'polished' bit

S1 - Gordon Masson CONFIRMED AND HOTEL BOOKED
S2 - Chris Southam
S2 JPS
S2.2 - Gvy
S3 NA - Hopo
S3 Turbo - Hopo
S3 Essex - Bazza907 - Sat only, Sun car required
X180 Turbo - Mike6 Sat / obione Sun - CONFIRMED
X180 NA - mdw - CONFIRMED
S
SE - Steve Smith - CONFIRMED
SE High Wing - Gert
S4 - Dodge1979
Sport 300 Ken Baird
S4s
GT3 - Alex--GT3--
V8
V8-GT
V8-SE 
Sport 350 - Trevsked CONFIRMED
V8 Final Edition - Brian King 0 CONFIRMED AND HOTEL BOOKED

Steve, sorry you can't make it mate, would have been nice to see you there. Brian, can't see that being an issue.

To be honest, no offence to those with genuine reasons to back out, but this is getting a bit shit so unless it get's much easier quite soon I'll cancel this display and just have the cars on our club display, I've other things I'd rather be spending time on. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

"To be honest, no offence to those with genuine reasons to back out, but this is getting a bit shit so unless it get's much easier quite soon I'll cancel this display and just have the cars on our club display, I've other things I'd rather be spending time on."

Come on guys this has the prospect of being a fantastic Esprit display!

I'm sure as Bibs says, various people have had to drop out due to natural attrition but lets not file this under the "too difficult" banner and make this happen.

From my own point of view, 100G is in the process of having a full repaint and retrim  costing £lots K so that its looking good for the show and the painter / trimmer has slotted it into a gap at very short notice to have it ready in time.

I am taking it all the way from Aberdeen to be there so its not just a quick blast down the motorway.

I would be pretty pissed off if this falls through!

As Gordon says it would be a shame if this display fell through.  I have attended/displayed my car at both last years brands hatch & the nec classic show.  I can't stress enough how enjoyable events like this are, especially if your car is on display, then theres the evenings with food & drink etc :D

I live in Dorset so most of these events involve a 3+ hour journey and its well worth it, plus your pride & joy gets a decent run

I'm gutted to have to pull out this year, but in addition to my parents garden being open this weekend the village parish have decided to hold a second event clashing with brands, still the proceeds do go to decent charities

So whilst all you guys are enjoying petrolhead nirvana spare a thought for me, having to deal with 500+ Roy Croppers eying up my parents garden :cry:

Come on guys, I spent my whole Saturday searching for a &##%$[] oil leak, just to get the Esprit fixed for this event... ;-) Still need to do a whole list of work in order to get to Brands, please don't make it for nothing!

It would really be special and fantastic to see all those Esprits united. And Red Baron is coming with me, his photographs are famous for even getting Lotus their attention, have a look here

Edited by Exploded

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

So what is the current deal with this display? whom has confirmed to date? What are the exact requirements? Will this be happening Sat or Sunday or both? cars required both days? from what time to what time? where we parking etc?

I saw Paul Matty has a (rare) Esprit S2 JPS for sale... maybe he can be convinced to put the car on sale Kent for a weekend instead the Midlands ;-)

Come on guys, only a few cars away from our end goal... I'll bring some Duvel with me :happy dance::beer:

Calypso Rose Rules the World!

Sorry but how many people have just dropped out? Two for the weekend and one for one of the days? Id be more pissed off bibs with those members who have these fantastic cars your searching for but arnt willing to play team TLF and offer them up. I think there are far more lazy members on here that just dont play ball...

Bibs,

Stick me back on with the Sport 350. I've booked a holiday from 2nd to 14th August to accommodate. Only going to be able to make it one of the days though I'm afraid as I have a life outside Lotus, choose a day for the lineup and I'll be there.

Trevor.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

The Lotus Festival organisers are making a pretty big thing of the Esprit Timeline display. If you take a look at the event website (http://www.lotus-festival.com/), you'll see it is making front page news plus more detail under the Special Lotus Cars section.

The Esprit Timeline display will be in a prime location FOR BOTH DAYS of the festival. If you haven't spotted it on the Event Map on the event website, I've made it easier for you below :)

Lotus-Festival-Event-Map.jpg

Folks - we're a big feature of this 2 day festival. Lets not make it a half-hearted effort - between us we have ALL the Esprit models required so we CAN make this a display to be really proud of and one that thousands of people will be looking at :)

Steve

89 SE Pacific Blue

http://lexi.mantaur.co.uk

I have a carb turbo that I may be able to bring along if it's any good?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• 2 weeks later...

So I booked the camping tickets.

I really hope we get all the esprits together. I hope the old lady ( My S2.2 ) will do the trip to England without problems .

I am looking forward to meeting Hopo again (How the hell are you gonna drive two Esprits?? :huh:

And I want to meet the other members on the forum.

How about the list?

Geert

S1 - Gordon Masson CONFIRMED AND HOTEL BOOKED
S2 - Chris Southam
S2 JPS
S2.2 - Gvy CONFIRMED AND CAMPING BOOKED
S3 NA - Hopo
S3 Turbo - Hopo
S3 Essex - Bazza907 - Sat only, Sun car required
X180 Turbo - Mike6 Sat / obione Sun - CONFIRMED
X180 NA - mdw - CONFIRMED
S