Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LEGS Breakfast Meeting 3rd February @ New Hopetoun Gardens - UK - LEGS (Lotus Enthusiast Group Scotland) - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

LEGS Breakfast Meeting 3rd February @ New Hopetoun Gardens

Good day to all

This coming months breakfast meet will be held at New Hopetoun Gardens which is just outside of Newton Village West Lothian on the Queensferry to Bo'ness road EH52 6QZ. The best Bacon Rolls in the west await 

Please add your names to the list.

Andrew + 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with the weather Andrew but unfortunately I will be offshore until the 7th or so and not be there I'm afraid.  Although I frequently pass that way never been, but have heard that it is very good.

Sorry to burst your bubble :spell:  but being a navigator to trade I have to pick you up on your sense of direction.  :2guns:  Edinburgh is East.  Glasgow is West.  :harhar:  Yes I know that you will say it is west of Edinburgh but then you have to re-word your statement!    :make other happy:  No wonder you are usually late!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

1. AndrewC +1

2. Delands + 1

3. miket +1

4. Dave & Sharon

5. Ferg +1 (Child) On SE List

Hi Graeme

Nice to hear from you on this forum.

We usually have a breakfast meeting on the first Sunday of every month. Allan Mathieson organised January and Andrew Laing is organising the February and March meetings as I am out in Switzerland just now and can't make either of these meetings. I try to PM members as soon as the venue is decided with a reminder in the week of the meet.

Safe to say though that it is the 1st Sunday of the month and usually in the central belt.

Is Lotus showing at Geneva this year?

Brian

What time and what sort of format are these meets? I meant to come along to the last one, but didn't make it, so quite keen to attend on Sunday. :)

(might also give me an incentive to wash my car .......... )

Hi Snowman

1000hrs to 1200hrs just turn up have a bacon roll bit of chat all to often in the car park and talk cars.  Then some may go for a blast in the cars.

Andrew

Are they expecting us and is there reserved parking Andrew, so we can all stay together and impress the locals (usually the blue rinse brigade when I've been on a Sunday morning!)?

Have a good day.  Hope the weather doesn't ruin it for you.  We have Force 11 gusting up to 60 Knots (almost 70mph) this morning already here in Shetland waters.

I  had to run for shelter in Shetland as on location we have 15m significant (i.e. regular) seas with 23m maximums and a 12m swell from a different direction forecast.  Lovely.  Who'd drill W of Shetland?

I'll be looking for the photos.

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

hi guys, just got back from Baku so going to try and make it to  your breakie this morning, can someone text me details of where to find the bacon butties, just going to get the covers of the Elise so if she starts we will go for it.

John, in case nobody texts this is about 2 milles W of South Queensferry.  Over the Bridge, keep left filter up to elevated junction and turn right.  About 1 mile is newton village and then about another couple of miles on the right is the venue off the road but well signposted.

• Gold FFM

Hi Al, thanks for the info but the Elise battery was down and she would not start in time to get there, she is up and running now but who's idea was it to stcik a battery in asuch a stupid place and as for the catch to open the bonnet, mind you should have known better, well it is a Lotus.

John

Just another learning curve, keep the trickle charger on theElise while I am away for a month.

Sorry. John you did not make it. We had a good turn out 13 cars made up by 10 Lotus 1 vx220 1mini clubman and Landrover Freelander. Al did you say West!!!!!!!  Weather stayed dry for us a bit windy very good bacon rolls.  

A good turnout despite the changeable weather. Thanks to Andrew for organising and yes the bacon rolls were great. The best in the West. Or East. Or South. Depending on your point of origin...

IMAG0188_zpsc2dbb5d8.jpg

Edited by hedgerley

• Gold FFM

MMMM. I  take it the Freelander was the delegated recovery truck then, great you all had a good day and the weather stayed dry, just sorry we missed it. 

John & Wendy.

A good turnout. Thanks to Andrew for organising this one, and as I am currently out of circulation also March ( details of which I am sure will be posted soon.)

Brian,

When you said you were retiring, I did not think it was from the LEG's meets :-) At this rate we will have to send out a search party for you!!

At least we know it's not a ransom post :-)

George

George

Nice to know I am being missed. We have been back and forward to Switzerland missing the 1st Sundays in Jan, Feb and also March, but will be back in circulation from the April meet which I will be organising.

Brian