Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Duxford Spring Car Show - Sunday 5th May - UK - Bucks/Essex/Herts/Cambs Group - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Duxford Spring Car Show - Sunday 5th May

Hi All,

We attended this event in 2011 with Dave Edds and LEC. There was quite a wide variety of cars on show and plenty of space for the various clubs to spread out and display their cars. The admission fee last time was £9.50 a fair discount on the current £17.50 entrance fee. There's more information here: http://www.iwm.org.uk/events/iwm-duxford/spring-car-show

There was a few trade stands there as well and you can always go and look at the many aircraft on display.

If you're interested in going please list your name / car below ASAP so I can gauge interest and contact Duxford which needs to be done 3 weeks before the event, so there's not much time.

1. Martyn Esprit SE

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Martyn. We cannot attend as we are at the Stratford Festival of Motoring all weekend.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM

Would love to, but might be with Felix...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Thanks for all the various replies. It seems a few people are elsewhere this day and others have their cars in bits. I've contacted Duxford today to find out all the details and last posisble date to book, so I'll post here as soon as I have some more information.

If any one else would like to come please post in this thread you will be more than welcome to come along.

Martyn :)

I did this show last year as well. Lots to see and if the weather is rubbish, at least there are plenty of buildings to get in. Wrap up though if it not warm weather, even in the hangers are chilly! 

1. Martyn
2. Garry
3. Dave & Megan

4. Owen & Tracy

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the replies and PM's. I've spoken to Duxford and it's going to be £10 on the gate. I've also extended an invitation to Lotus Elan Central to see if we can get a few more cars together and I'm also following up some other avenues as well.

Bob in answer to you question I think we will almost certainly meet at Birchanger Green Services on the M11. Not to sure of the time yet but I guess we'll need to leave there between 8.30 and 9.00am to convoy up the M11 to Duxford.

1. Martyn
2. Garry
3. Dave & Megan

4. Owen & Tracy

5. Bob Shaw

6. Sparky maybe (depending on if in UK)

7. Steve maybe (pending radiator replacement)

Hi Martyn, will be along for this.

Done it a couple of years ago and had a great day.

1. Martyn

2. Garry

3. Dave & Megan

4. Owen & Tracy

5. Bob Shaw

8.Trevor & lee

Thanks to Chris and Trevor for your cars. List now as below:

1. Martyn
2. Garry
3. Dave & Megan
4. Owen & Tracy
5. Bob Shaw
8. Chris

9.Trevor & lee

Hi All,

I've had an email from Duxford today confirming our application which was for approximately 10 cars, so we've have the possibilty to add a few more cars even if we go over the 10.

I'll post up all the details on Monday.

Thanks

Martyn.

Hi All,

The plan for Sunday is to meet at Birchanger Green Services on the M11 from 9..00am - 9.30am

Motorway: M11

Where: at J8 and from A120

Postcode: CM23 5QZ

We'll leave at 9.30am prompt and head for Duxford Air Field

IWM Duxford
Cambridgeshire

CB22 4QR

It should take around 20mins, so we'll arrive just after the gate opens at 9.45am.

I've attached a general map of Duxford below. We've not been told this time where our area is, so we'll follow the directions from the marshalls on site.

Spring Car Show 13 map.pdf

On the day you can reach me on 07940 012011. Any questions please contact me or post in this thread.

Martyn.

Just to let you know, can't make it now. Car is on axle stands, still sorting abs problem, although it is mostly done. While it's on stands thought I would do a load of other jobs as well. Also finally sorted the scabby bit of paintwork on the front valance.

I'm stone guarding the wheel arches, going to renew cooling fan bearings, dry as anything, really noisy. Clean engine and gearbox, finish valance paintwork and do some other minor work.

Have a good one and see you at another event maybe.  :handy:

Edited by OwenGT3

my self and owen and probably chip we will all meet you at duxford at aproxx 9.45 /10.oo see you then garry

Garry when you get there just say you're with The Lotus Forums and hopefuly the marshalls will direct you to our spot. Give me a ring if there are any problems.

Martyn,

Thanks for your replies Bob and Trevor. An Elan at last as well :thumbup:

Martyn.

PS: There's still plenty of room if you'd like to come please come along.

Edited by martynv

• Gold FFM

I never got to Newfoundland, but the Ayatollah has spoken so I'll be mucking out the loft.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I never got to Newfoundland, but the Ayatollah has spoken so I'll be mucking out the loft.

Just sneak out and do it Monday. You know you want too :)

Bugger.... Radiator all done, no leaks, went for a dummy run to Birchanger Green services and came back to a small puddle of coolant coming from below the cambelt cover....WATER PUMP?....

Edited by Steve1