Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Service time - oil, filter and Cambelt - Page 7 - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Service time - oil, filter and Cambelt

Good to have meet you all today. Hope the last 2 get finished ok and Dave can you thank your wife for the lunch ( sorry forgot to say goodbye to her).

Malcolm

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks to all was a good day and nice to see old and new faces :)

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Just had a best of Neil Diamond karaoke session where.Sparky sparkled, now onto 60s classics. Running. low on rum !

Edited by Choppa

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

she lives again! who's next?

oh dear.... spoke too soon

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

yea.... it's running! what was wrong with colin's s3?

it sounded like it wasn't getting any :)

Nice work guys, well 2 of you anyway. My gearbox is back in, put the electrics back tomorrow, then test,  :w00t:  Do you think 12 psi is a bit ambitious for boost pressure ?

How about some intros, I think I recognise Mr Clark (nice legs) thanks for help.

Mr Freeman, the one mopping the floor I take, after all it's your garage.

A Kieth Richards look alike

Who's red Esprit on the hoist ?

Oh and that radio station is terrible. Try Prague Classical.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Well that was a great weekend, thanks to all who helped, great food and drink thanks to the wife and Sarah.

Experts, Garry and Paul, thanks again.....

Must do it again soon.

By for now.........

Beltfest 2013

Hi many thanks again to Dave and Megan for the hospitality also to the Genius that is Sparky and Paul the pulley King

Nice to meet all the other guys

Thanks again

Spadger 27

Thanks to Dave and Megan for a brilliant weekend - lovely barby, but not sure about Sparkies singing.

Oh traffic ok until the Dartford Bridge then solid all the way home so no real chance to give her a good blast. 

• Gold FFM

Sorry, can't do spanners unless I sing.

A great weekend!  Thanks Dave, Megan and Sarah for looking after us, and of course Paul for seriously mucking in - it would have been a beast without him.

As usual, Esprits did their utmost to make life difficult.  One day I'll learn to add 85% contingency.

Paul's Carb Turbo (SPADGER27) was notable for having the wrong cambelt fitted, and incorrectly tensioned.  Lucky guy!

Everybody mucked in, most shed blood, and there are quite a few new cases of sprocket rash in England tonight.

Oh, and there was a bit of rum...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Tic, tic, tic all good now on the fuel pump now, car ran like a dream on the way home with that lovely gentle hum from a perfectly tensioned new cam belt!

Thanks once again to everyone who helped make the weekend such a great success. Dave and Megan for their generous hospitality, Sparky and Paul for their awesome spanner weilding skills and to all the guys who chipped in to help on the dozens of smaller jobs that cropped up while they waited for their car to take centre stage on the ramps, and of course the others who just came along to join in even though their cars didn't feature.

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

Just like to say thanks as always to Dave and Megan for hosting, Thanks to Sparky and Paul, Martyn and all the rest for such a lot of help. Gave the car a good blast on the way home :)

Now to fix the funny clutch pedal, the radiator stays and the very odd fuel pump arrangement, along with bits of trim that are being recoloured. One day i'll be on top of it all.

Chris

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Well that was the weekend that was, as I sit marooned in my bath unable to move. At least the bath is bigger than an esprit boot!!

So we did 5 Cam belt changes, 10 if you allow for the ones that came off and went on again. Multi other drive belts, tensions, fuel leaks, dodgy fuel pumps, Ignition timings. pulley fights x 2, which nearly marooned Chris & Spadge.

86 bruised knuckles,

713 numerous cuts and bruises,

1 concussion and severely bruised head,

Numerous other head slicing, graze scraping, eye dizzying blows to the head,

1 bout of Esprit boot coffin syndrome. I have a twitch and will sleep in the boot of my S4 tonight.

2 bad backs.

53 varying muscle strains,

1 near diabetes collapse off the side of the ramp,

32 bottles of beer,

bottle of spiced rum.

bottle of Old harbour,

5 bottles of wine.

112 cups of tea.

57 cups of coffee.

1 gallon of soup.

4 loaves.

1 pig,

2 dozen eggs,

60 assorted cakes,

14 dishwasher runs,

10 headaches !!

1 Chinese meal,

1 barbecue,

1 karaoke,

12 hours of sun.

5 hours of cloud.

a couple of end of my tethers, don't mention the "C" word. :rant:

1 orange pair of overalls, ex Guantanamo issue, :rambo:

1 healthy dose of good fun, :fun:

1 karaoke, :band:

Several satisfied Esprit owners, :clap:

6 mid to long journeys home, :scooter:

Work tomorrow  :censored:

Thanks all. Had a great weekend  :gathering:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Looking up his leg !!!

That must be before we started. Sparky is smiling :w00t:

Edited by rocket63

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM

I believe that was the onset of hysteria, day 2.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I am not good with moden Technolgy so do not know why picture taken with my IPad is upside down .. But that is the reason I brought an Esprit with Carbs..although it could have been someting to do with the Budweiser and Spiced Rum