Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Throttle Jack and EBPV delete - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Throttle Jack and EBPV delete

I fixed the vacuum leak on my 95 S4 by plugging the loose vacuum line (to the throttle jack actuator) back into the switch, it was dangling free. Now that the line is re-connected, the throttle is jacked up at start. I pulled the line off at the throttle jack actuator on top of the manifold and plugged the end of the line.

I presume I can simply remove that actuator in it's entirety (and the linkage to the throttle bellcrank), plug off the lines to the throttle jack and the EBPV with no other effects?

Maintenance records show the EBPV inner butterfly was removed at the PO's request some years ago, should I safety-wire that actuator lever open just in case?

Jim

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yep, you can take it all out, as I have done on my SE. The EBPV was completely removed when the PO installed a custom exhaust, but he had left the throttle jack working, which caused high idle at start-up. Very annoying at the parking at work, not only do I have to spiral down 3 floors without engine brake because of the hig revs, it also made quite a lot of noise when passing the guards office. :police: And I have good reason to be nice to him, as he usually opens the gate when he sees me coming, so I don't have to get out to use my badge (RHD car in a LHD country).

I didn't just disconnect, I also removed the actuator on the engine, the control valve, and as much of the vacuum lines as possible. As a precaution, I secured the linkage with a cabletie, so there's no risk of the throttle remaining stuck open due to the lose linkage catching on something.

I now have the engine out, so will look into it to see if I can easily remove the linkage completely.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Great, thanks for the info Filip. I think the butterfly is removed from my EBPV, but I like the idea of removing the valve entirely and replacing with one of the replacement fittings available from JAE or PUK. I wish I would have thought to remove the throttle jack when I did the injector replacement - it was right there at the time!

On another note, I see you are in Vlanders - I used to live in Tervuren when I worked for DHL at Zaventem - back in the early 1990's. We would go to Vlaams klas elk maaandag avond. But that was twenty years ago.

Jim

Ripped mine out 10 years ago and put in the spacer.  Plugged up the vaccy tube.  All too easy.

image_url-41-1302404857.jpg

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

• 2 months later...

Hi all

Just som information about my throttle Jack actuator adjustment if no EBPV on car.

I got my 1989 SE 8 dec 2012, so i am trying to understand a lot about it as i have som problems.

I have now new Oxygen sensor and IAC valve.

If the throttle jack are adjusted to 1,2 mm as the factory book tells. The IDLE when cold are about 3000rpm.

I adjusted it to 0,4 mm instead. Now IDLE are 2000rpm when cold ( About 2 min ) then ECU de-activate the throttle jack actuator.

And now i am looking about check the Turbo Pressure, i think its to much pressure, to early in rpm range.

If anyone have a tip about check this, i would be happy.

Regards Tom

• Like 1