Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Chris Harris - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Chris Harris

• Gold FFM

You tell em Bibs, if we stuck within the white line we would get nowhere and all be crappy drivers. Think on it like a cheap two way radio which works best on line of sight, better signal, better reception, drive a Lotus line of sight, better vision, better driving and more fun, while having consideration for other road users of course. 

I'm with Frank on this, stick to your side of the road. Specifically when the lanes are as wide as in SoCal, which must be about double of what you'll find on a European B-road.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Guest surferphil

Usually filming on the road requires it to be closed off; therefore there is no 'your side of the road' the whole road is yours.  :rambo:

I expect this to be the case with shots like this in Monkey's films.  ;)

IF you can see it's clear, there can be no logical reason not to take the "racing line". Most of the roads I was on yesterday didn't have lines, anyway..... Using all the road into a blind bend is a short route to the beyond. Does everyone stick to "their lane" at an empty roundabout? It's all part of awareness...knowing what's going on around you.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

First off I know that road and I know they don't close off the road for Tuned/Drive videos...

That corner is blind up hill only squids cross the centerline in the canyons.

And really why drive a sports car and straighten out the corners ?

Same corner....Looks like a British invasion... :help:

I think it's fast enough…maybe

Yes it's wrong and dangerous to cross a line on a blind corner... Ok what else?

Right or wrong who cares, we've all done it including the police, my dad and the old dear in her Corsa down the road.. so what's the point?

Yes it's wrong and dangerous to cross a line on a blind corner... Ok what else?

Right or wrong who cares, we've all done it including the police, my dad and the old dear in her Corsa down the road.. so what's the point?

Seriously what's the point...?  You follow a monkey's lead and you fuckin die that's the point... I care if I'm the guy coming down the road on the other side...  :censored:

Racers know it's fine if only two wheels cross the line. The marshals will show a black and white flag if track limit transgressions are taken too far.

I see the brain dead is strong in you...

Seriously what's the point...?  You follow a monkey's lead and you fuckin die that's the point... I care if I'm the guy coming down the road on the other side...  :censored:

I see the brain dead is strong in you...

That it! I'm reporting this to the rozzers!

post-15194-0-27619000-1399360005.jpg

I don't see a problem with white line infringement issues in that video, what I see are a bunch of people driving like tw@ts.

This is clearly what looks like a popular corner with lots of people hanging out on it for whatever reason and with that you attract knobheads dicking about causing all sorts of issues.

If there is clear line of sight, I see no problem with line infringement, they are hugely overused.

Chunky Lover

• Gold FFM

Because the truth will set you free.....

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads22/11381372462.jpg

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I don't see a problem with white line infringement issues in that video, what I see are a bunch of people driving like tw@ts.

This is clearly what looks like a popular corner with lots of people hanging out on it for whatever reason and with that you attract knobheads dicking about causing all sorts of issues.

If there is clear line of sight, I see no problem with line infringement, they are hugely overused.

Simon has hit the nail on the head..   The speed and  way most of them are driving when it all goes wrong a white line isnt going  be a lot of help.which ever side your on.  Not driving like a muppet is probably a good start.

In that last video of all the (highly unlikely to be British) people driving really poorly, the only car that went around in an acceptable was the blue Subaru at 2 mins.

And yet it had a squad car immediately blart after him, lights blazing. WTF was that for? Plod could have kept himself entertained for hours with the other twits.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Key point is that a GOOD DRIVER won't need to cross the center line on those roads and still be faster than those tw@ts.  :scooter:

And those tw@ts shouldn't be allowed to cross the center line, because they are obviously not capable of handling their cars and more than likely to cause a serious accident. :popo:

Can Chris Harris handle oncoming traffic when crossing the center line? Yeah, very likely! Can those tw@ts inspired by him handle it? Very unlikely! :busted cop:

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Oh,it's only alright if you do it? But if anyone else decides to use their own initiative to drive you call them brain dead.

How arrogantly hypocritical.

Seriously dude you've had a stick up your ass for me since your butt buddy banned me from Lotus Talk 7 yrs ago...  :smoke:

There is a huge difference between a given pass on a straight section of road and crossing the centerline on a blind curve.... 

The fact that you can't see the difference makes you dam brain dead or at the very least just fuckin stupid.. :harhar:

I'm intrigued, who's this Butt Buddy?

In all seriousness can we cool it with the insults please.

We've gone from anyone crossing the centre line is a bad driver, to as long as it's safe to do so it's ok, which is ultimately all that everyone else on here has been saying.

The video clip shows horrendous disrespectful and dangerous driving, centre line or no centre line.

You can't blanket claim that anyone who passes a centre line is either a crap driver or brain dead.

Chunky Lover

Frank, I've never been on Lotus Talk, so once more you are mistaken, which is becoming a habit of yours.

Want to hear something a little ironic? When you first started spouting your unique brand of self important rubbish on here, a few eyebrows were raised as to your suitability for this forum. I was one of the few voices who stuck up for you, essentially saying you're noisy but harmless.

This is starting to change and it now seems as if you can't write a post on here without annoying at least someone. I would counsel you to consider either taking great strides to be civil to the members of TLF or if you find that impossible, perhaps give yourself a short vacation away from here.

Frank, I've never been on Lotus Talk, so once more you are mistaken, which is becoming a habit of yours.

Want to hear something a little ironic? When you first started spouting your unique brand of self important rubbish on here, a few eyebrows were raised as to your suitability for this forum. I was one of the few voices who stuck up for you, essentially saying you're noisy but harmless.

This is starting to change and it now seems as if you can't write a post on here without annoying at least someone. I would counsel you to consider either taking great strides to be civil to the members of TLF or if you find that impossible, perhaps give yourself a short vacation away from here.

Why don't you take a long vacation from posting your BS to my postings... The fact that you are a moderator  means nothing to me, dude you are a troll nothing more..

You give nothing to this forum that I can see, I think you should just ban yourself and be done with it..

Ironic that with his posts Ronin has well and truly crossed the line in my view. Don't recall seeing respected members of this forum insulted in this way during my time here.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.