Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Chris Harris - Page 5 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Chris Harris

Good for you Marc, I saved a lot more than £20 when I switched my insurance over and got the TLF member discount so it pays to go FFM!

I find it strange that people are so negative towards Harris......surely if you don't like him, you don't watch the videos and the fact they are now chargeable means not a jot?

As it happens i really enjoy the video so i've subscribed for a year. 

And that's it isn't it. Personal taste. Good job we are all different or life would be very boring!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 1 month later...

From what I understand, Drive+ has uploaded just 2 videos and they've had under 5,000 views compared to the previous videos which had hundreds of thousands, if not millions.

People like free, sadly.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Drive+ has uploaded a lot more than two videos, but it's true that they have a lot less viewers in due part because many Drive viewer do not live in the us and they can't get behind on the google/youtube paywall as a result Drive has open a new channel on vimeo that allows anyway to purchase any video viewing for 99cts. which as cheap or cheaper than most song on itunes or amazon but more expensive than the previous youtube free offer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dire news for Pistonheads, the decline there will go exponential.

I don't really get the whole farewell thing though, why can't he continue to post there as a member if he really wanted?

Clearly PH aren't going to pay him to post stuff there anymore. It looks a lot like brand PH is no longer useful for brand CH.

The Drive experiment looks to have been a clear failure, I would expect CH to return to a car mag for a while until he's ready to launch his own youtube channel and or website. He could easily fund it himself just by selling a couple of supercars! You have to wonder why he didn't do that years ago?

Still vague and evasive right to the end.

"It’s time to move on now though. The video project is in a state of flux, and I need to concentrate on where that goes next. But, perhaps more importantly, I feel I’ve done my thing here now. Most of you know what I think about most motoring matters and I don’t want to retread the same ground"

Is a straight answer now and then too much to ask? I did wonder if Clarkson's had his chips at Top Gear and the Harris fans might get their wish but that's very unlikely. I think he would be very out of his depth on a comedy show. But there must be some contractual reason why he has to 'leave' PH.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Brilliant piece of filming and well worth watching, but why did he have to change T shirt mid circuit !!. Did he sh+=t it as some point.

• 7 months later...

I have absolutely no respect for Chris Harris, in my opinion his reviews are written entirely through the prism of his own bias.

Whilst you are not wrong, this is true of most motoring hacks. Yes most do more to hide it but if you get excited about a particular brand then it will show in one way or another. The Lotus' I've reviewed in the past have always had a touch of bias surrounding them no mater how hard I tried because I love the brand. Besides CH is more of an entertainer now than a full blown road tester. 

• Like 1

Whilst you are not wrong, this is true of most motoring hacks. Yes most do more to hide it but if you get excited about a particular brand then it will show in one way or another. The Lotus' I've reviewed in the past have always had a touch of bias surrounding them no mater how hard I tried because I love the brand. Besides CH is more of an entertainer now than a full blown road tester.

I agree with you, however his comments surrounding the Evora 400 showed him up.

Whilst all reviewers will undoubtedly have their own preferences, and to a certain extent I would even promote this there is / should be a line that is not crossed.

On another note his Exige review, whilst extremely positive is irritating with his "well done mate" comment.

I agree with you, however his comments surrounding the Evora 400 showed him up.

Whilst all reviewers will undoubtedly have their own preferences, and to a certain extent I would even promote this there is / should be a line that is not crossed.

On another note his Exige review, whilst extremely positive is irritating with his "well done mate" comment.

I must admit I've not seen his Evora comments as I rarely read anything he writes these days. I must go and find that piece t see what he said. 

And yes I wish people would stop being surprised at what they can churn out at Hethel. 

I must admit I've not seen his Evora comments as I rarely read anything he writes these days. I must go and find that piece t see what he said.

And yes I wish people would stop being surprised at what they can churn out at Hethel.

Agreed! On another note when I queried Chris on his Evora 400 comment his reaction was to block me.

Not even prepared to justify his comments.