Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
sunday social - UK - Midlands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

sunday social

dodge1979

It seems a bit on the quiet side so far this year socially...I think the fact its the 13th year of the century may have scared a few into using those cold war underground bunkers they built in the 60s....

so to throw caution to the wind shall we have a nice Sunday breakfast or lunch meet out somewhere...but include our dear other half's? (Wife girlfriend s lovers cleaners person you met in tesco...) so bearing in mind there is Bruntingthorpe coming up beginning of August..any interested parties can suggest suitable dates? We did a similar thing just before christmass with great success.

As im sure Trevor will be keeping his KGB eye on this social scene like a southern social tyrant...can you drum up a bit of interest maybe and we can look to meet further your way if there are interested parties?

As the summer is (sometimes) upon us I promise those who like to keep their shiny cars clean on a trip out, shall have their front ends polished by the bottoms of countless flies and bugs. .(insert own jokes here and make of it what you will..)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep we need to get out for a drive and Sparky mentioned the same this morning on one of my regular stalking runs past his house. Be great to be somewhere near Silverstone.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Well speak to your flock and herd them along! If it a breakfast meet that people would prefer then there is a frankie and bennys just off banbury jct m40 unless people now elsewhere? If its lunch then im sure oxford way will provide a lot of suitable options for those in the know.. would be good to get all together and we all get a bit of a drive too...

Having spoken to a couple of folk it would appear the end of the month is more suitable or the weekend before Bruntingthorpe. ..so post up preferences and attendees please. ..

1 dodge1979 anytime

If you want to make a day of it on July 28th you can drive over to Kettering, Northants to watch/listen to our band play!

It's in a park and there is usually a decent crowd if the weather is nice and if I know you are coming, I will be able to get the gate open so you can park the cars in there. We start around 2.00pm.

http://www.sonnyandthehoneydippers.co.uk/index.html

On a personal note, it is seldom that I go out for more than the morning with my car which is why I go to breakfast meets then head home for family stuff. Don't let that sway anyone as I could pop Long to whatever for most of the morning dependant on distance.

Trevor.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys the date is set for the first sunday of august. ..the 4th. There will be the usual midlands Esprit guys heading down..as we're possibly the most active Esprit group in the UK (ALTHOUGH not neccassarily exclusively so) itd be nice to be joined by others..so were looking at a 9am meet at the destination, will confirm address later on. This will give us all a few hours chitty chat before anyone who needs to head off for a decent time can do so..anyone heading from the Midlands down will no doubt take the A5 route and meet up along route with each other. .those from further south would perhaps take m40 up to silverstone then cut across to A5 perhaps? AGAIN meet ups along the route and finally both groups aiming to meet together around Towcester about 8.30?..

I could do the the last Sunday of this month (28th) if a few others fancy it? Trouble is I think the usuals (Sparky and Internets) may well not be able to make it and I can't do the first two weeks in August as I'm away. Sorry, I know it's frustrating.

Trevor.

• Gold FFM

I'd love to do this one; unfortunately I can't get away on 28/7 or 4/8.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I can do the 28th July but cannot do the 4th August

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

That's good, now all we have to do is enlighten Sparky that it's possible to get up in the morning, go for a drive with your mates, have a chat and be back for 11:30.

Trevor.

• Gold FFM

On my insomniac mum's birthday, while she's staying with us and leaving Sunday afternoon.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Negotiations are in progress...

• Gold FFM

That's because you look better from behind.

Sunday 28th looks good for me,  Dave C visited yesterday and said looks good 

for him also.. 

I will be heading from Wolverhampton area so anyone from west and north west

can meet up on M54 J3..2...1 and M6 J11  The we will cruise the A5 meeting up

with the others on route... I will post times for meet places in the week when we

have details from interested parties..

Date is set then for next sunday.. hopo has mentioned silverstone classic being on so it may be worth avoiding a destination around there due to potential busyness..so as some of us have the other halfs with us it has been mentioned a frankie and bennys could be suitable..good breakfast good parking and good for the women to be happy being at.. so in that area there are two in Milton Keynes two in northampton and one just off the m40 junction for banbury..

Im happy with a drive out to any of them as are others..but is there a preference for you guys from down south? Again with an aim to be at the destination about9ish..please mention a preference..