Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
BF Goodrich G-force super sport - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

BF Goodrich G-force super sport

I'm looking for a new set of rear tires for my SE. Not surprisingly, not much to chose from in 245/50R16...

If I can find them, I'll opt for the GoodYear Eagle F1 GS3.

But the BF Goodrich seem like a decent alternative, for a lot less money.

I do not race or track my Esprit, but do use it for daily driving. Which in Flanders often means in the rain.

Any thoughts or recommendations would be very much appreciated!

Greetz,

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had them, they did the job fine.  just don't get runflats, they were too stiff.  I swear I could feel driving over a toothpick

chris

90SE

just because I don't CARE doesn't mean I don't UNDERDSTAND

Thanks for the feedback!

Chris, can you confirm the BFGs are capable on wet roads? Don't want any nasty surprises...

Sanj, I have been looking at 255/50R16, but found even less choice... Except for the BFGs, which is why I'm so interested.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

sorry, I never drove in the rain

research them on tirerack.com, there are tons of user reviews including wet performance.  but only believe owners that had them for 6 months or more

chris

90SE

just because I don't CARE doesn't mean I don't UNDERDSTAND

I've had a set of them on my 91SE for about 3 years.  I have nothing bad to say about them.  They've performed well on the street, on a track day, on an autocross, and still have a good treadlife left on them.  I usually don't take the Esprit out in the rain, but I just drove from Florida to NY and back for LOG 33 and it rained each day while travelling.  No problems on the wet back roads or interstates at 60-75mph.

Given the limited choices, I'll probably replace with them again when it's time, and I won't have any qualms about it.