Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
annual esprit run to Aberdovey! - Page 3 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

annual esprit run to Aberdovey!

dodge1979

Got the Esprit out today and suddenly struck me that it's around this time of year the MOT is due. Checked and it runs out on the 18th so nipped down to book it in and happily he was able to fit me in there and then, result. Good to go and looming forward to it.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

With a few days left to go...our route master Dave is putting together the route with various stops to empty and refill bladders etc.

Weatherwise the Met office has promised us a few days of rain with it clearing up for Saturday and a dry day Sunday..so anyone holding back incase of the danger of getting their car wet or causing wear and tear on the wiper blade should have no reason for concearn..

Getting close so do we have meet points yet? I think I'll be leaving 6:30 to pass Leamington on the M40 at 7:30 to reach Cosford 8:45. How's that sound? Might set off 6:15 will see.

Trevor.

Yes thats about right. Ian will be heading up from Oxford way to meet enroute with us around leamington area. Ill let you know the meet up point Trev...as for others there are those heading from A5 Tamworth area and some from Wolverhampton. Folks from up north too. If those parties can liase and organise their own meet ups.

Ps Trev..as your gonna be heading out early will you need a breakfast stop and somewhere to empty your bag ;)

Looks like I may now be working Sunday

.................but will try to get cover.

Watch this space !!!

Dont worry,be happy.............

Darren,

I think I can miss a meal without fear of collapse thanks. Was hoping to be at the meet point Cosford in time for a cup if tea hence 6:15 start. Been out in the car all week and going to wash it now as the forecast for tomorrow isn't very good but think I may be wasting my time as the rain is set for first thing Sunday but clearing in the day. Will be filthy bybthevyard time I get there.

Trevor.

Darren,

I think I can miss a meal without fear of collapse thanks. Was hoping to be at the meet point Cosford in time for a cup if tea hence 6:15 start. Been out in the car all week and going to wash it now as the forecast for tomorrow isn't very good but think I may be wasting my time as the rain is set for first thing Sunday but clearing in the day. Will be filthy bybthevyard time I get there.

Trevor.

Are you or Dave bringing a Tea urn then, if so save a cup for me then :shuriken:

You londers do make me laugh. ..assuming everywhere has facilities!! But more importantly Trev will be filthy by the time he gets there! Lock up you daughters and wives! Assuming youve let them out of the cellar in the first place. ..

DON'T PANIC :scared:  There is a Subway franchise at the garage opposite.

They do coffee tea and breakfast if you need refreshing.... :coffee:

You will need to get there a bit earlier if you wish to sit down for a breaky...as we

have a schedule to keep  :rtfm: .... Other wise its butties on the go.... :cry:

After leaving Cosford we have another stop circa hour and half later at a tea room.

between Welshpool and Mac.This will be for refreshment and to drop ballast.  :whistle:

This will also allow us to re-group if spread out a bit with traffic.

I anticipate fish and chips by the sea circa 1:00 pm in Aberdovey.... :animier:

The rest will all be made clear in the route sheet each car will be provided with on arrival

at Cosford....  This will have sat nav details of stopping points. and basic directions to follow..

So no excuses for getting lost if separated... :driving:  (Chris)

It is a fairly straight forward route but i will try to make it as complicated as possible... :devil:

​Weather forecast is mild with some cloud cover... Wind will be in wrong direction for Welsh

rain but we may get light shower this side of the mountains... :happy dance: 

Edited by CHANGES

Guest surferphil

I just got my new car back from having a cam belt service and all is not right with the timing. :(

It's a little Kangaroo. I only have the green machine and although its fun it is too slow to keep up with a pack of Esprits.

I just got my new car back from having a cam belt service and all is not right with the timing. :(

It's a little Kangaroo. I only have the green machine and although its fun it is too slow to keep up with a pack of Esprits.

Simple fix... Take it back to the Garage that did it and get them to re-time it... 30 to 60 min max..

Not sure which model you have, but if it has a dizzy then they have more likely got the auxiliary

pulley out of position..... This can be over come by adjusting the dizzy timing instead of undoing all

the belt for now... But I would be banging on their door to fix it straight away...They should have

checked all the set up after a short run and re-timed the the dizzy as a standard check.. :realmad: