Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Bonnet/ Headlight issue - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Bonnet/ Headlight issue

Anyone got any experience of the bonnet moving?? Mine seems to have dropped a cm or so on the drivers side and its stopping the headlight pod from opening fully. If I push it a couple of times it comes up fully.

Its not the usual motor turning not moving/ worn bushes, it seems to stop it opening fully by the bonnet being too low then the motor stops . Push again and it comes up a bit more and again until its fully up.

I cannot see how to adjust the bonnet - anyone help

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

So the bonnet is lower than the quarter panel as well?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I will try and get a photo later, basically the bonnet is almost touching the headlight pod when both closed on the drivers side. there is about a 1cm gap on the other. If I open the bonnet the headlight opens fully every time so its not the bushes.

The bonnet hinge seems to go under the front plate part of the car and I cannot feel anywhere to adjust it. Its a new problem which has only just developed so its puzzling the hell out of me.

Edited by james280779

Interesting this, the issue I had/still have is that the bonnet has over time straightened out ie loosing its curve when viewed from the front. the loss of curve does not in its self cause me an issue, what does however is that when you release the bonnet and lift it up the centre of the bonnet snags on the section where the lotus badge is causing the paint to chip.

I used additional packing plates on the hinges to lift the bonnet slightly.

A drop in the panel along with the headlamp pod seems to suggest that the small bush which holds the bonnet hinge and the headlamp pod has come detached from the body work, if I recall it is held in by 2 pop rivets, these have either failed or the the holes have enlarged due to wear.