Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit videos on Youtube, hundreds of 'em...! - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit videos on Youtube, hundreds of 'em...!

The Pits

I'm amazed at the lack of vaguely decent Esprit videos on youtube. Heck even the bad ones are rare.

Please feel free to post any good ones you've come across, I spent an hour trawling last night and found next to nothing. Of particular interest is the GG turbo, Turbo SE and Sport 300.

Of course if you want a job done properly......

With that in mind I have a Canon 60D, tripod and GoPro plus I just did a course in Final Cut Pro X so if anyone's willing I'd be more than happy to meet up and shoot some video to try and put this right!

• Gold FFM

It is a very good point. I have always thought that the lack of videos was a shame - I think having the right kit would also be good as well though... 

Edited by skiing

There used to be a v8 USA advert on their but it appears to have gone :(

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Well, I'm quite pleased with mine - one of them has over 7,000 views!!!

Seriously, I am sure the original V8 launch promo was on there (referred to above by Chris), but I can't find it either. Its a bit cheesy and 'of its time' but it was pretty cool, recorded on a stunning coast road, and had plenty of engine noise. 

I actually have a VHS copy of the promo back home, obtained years ago from Lotus themselves. I'll dig it out and upload it (checking copyright first of course Bibs) unless anyone else has it online somewhere already?

Ah just found copy online..

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzi0n_esprit-v8-promo_auto

And I still think its cool. And cheesy. But hey, its an Esprit!

Edited by hedgerley

Well here is one of mine..

It was made as a promo for an event in Finland. There are some continuity problems (chopper footage vs. the rest), but otherwise I thought it worked out pretty well. Hopefully I get my RHD to LHD conversion done for next summer, so I can do a proper video with sound (Lotusbits exhaust..)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emOP0m9Af98

• Like 1

Well here is one of mine..

It was made as a promo for an event in Finland. There are some continuity problems (chopper footage vs. the rest), but otherwise I thought it worked out pretty well. Hopefully I get my RHD to LHD conversion done for next summer, so I can do a proper video with sound (Lotusbits exhaust..)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emOP0m9Af98

:clap: 

beautiful!

that's got me looking at S2s now!

The S1 will always be the iconic Esprit but there's just something about S2s....

slightly more handsome and masculine

:clap:

beautiful!

that's got me looking at S2s now!

The S1 will always be the iconic Esprit but there's just something about S2s....

slightly more handsome and masculine

Thank you. I was torn between S1 (a better investment) and S2 (IMVHO better looking), but when I saw these pictures, my mind was made up...

http://flickriver.com/photos/34019036@N05/sets/72157612524070778/

-Jani

Very nice Buddsy.

It's turning into the 'what did the Romans ever do for us' sketch now isn't it?!

I have seen that one before, it was made for Scott Walker when he set up his own business, but I thought the S1 turned into an Evora at some point?

Looks like it might be up to you Buddsy to save youtube with another video of your GGT! Your public awaits!

That's the badger.

Cheeky editing Buddsy if that was you!

Esprit restoration video is class but I'm hoping for a follow up that shows the car on the move. Whenever you're ready...

;) 

Edited by The Pits

Great vid Jani. Nice to see an S2 from the outside when it's moving. I always seem to be on the inside of mine!!

Jonny - You're only a quick dash down the M3 from me. You're welcome to film the S2 if you need a subject!

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Thanks Pete, would love to come and film the S2. Weather's not up to much currently but will be in touch if things improve.

Now what I really need for Christmas is one of those octocopter things....

Great vid Jani. Nice to see an S2 from the outside when it's moving. I always seem to be on the inside of mine!!

Jonny - You're only a quick dash down the M3 from me. You're welcome to film the S2 if you need a subject!

Pete

I´d love to see video of your car. Love the colour!

-Jani

Thanks Pete, would love to come and film the S2. Weather's not up to much currently but will be in touch if things improve.

Now what I really need for Christmas is one of those octocopter things....

Let's try and arrange something Jonny. Car's currently exhaustless and work & family are limiting my garage time but hopefully she'll be up and running in a couple of weeks...

This is the only video I have which is a bit rubbish!

th_VIDEO0013_zps23e6ede4.jpg

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

No rush but that car definitely deserves being digitized, just stunning.

Which blue is that?

It looks very different to the one in your profile pic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Jani ...the pictured car that was your reference is the one from 'Tiga'

-just go there into our German board  www.lotus-forum.de    ..you can browse the members-list, or ask Frank (Liftboy) the Mastermind-admin 

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• Gold FFM

Jonny -one of the nicest videos is the one with the silver 2003/4 US -Esprit V8   ..the guy who sold his car and was a little sentimental about his time with it -some video sequences from gatherings, good sceenery on the road and a lovely music in the background

a femal voice, singing : "should I .. ... "  etc.  (does someone know the song/video already ??  -can't find it in the moment)

Edited by Günter

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Which blue is that?

It looks very different to the one in your profile pic.

It's Essex Blue but a lighter shade to the Essex Turbos which I've never understood. I think the code was A34 but would have to check the paint tin.

Pete

Edited by peteyg

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009