Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Strange Lotus Eclat/Excel back end - Page 2 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Strange Lotus Eclat/Excel back end

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
6 hours ago, tom kilner said:

Killer wheels - should I add them to my shopping list John? Looks like they take different bolts - same pcd?

Apparently those wheels have been with the car for the past 20 years while it was on the road, so pcd must be the same. One wheel on other side still has the four studs on it, the other two wheels are stored inside after being removed from the car some years ago.

• 4 months later...
On 10/03/2018 at 23:29, johnpwalsh said:

Apparently those wheels have been with the car for the past 20 years while it was on the road, so pcd must be the same. One wheel on other side still has the four studs on it, the other two wheels are stored inside after being removed from the car some years ago.

Screenshot_2019-02-15-07-49-58.thumb.png.1c8b1421e5e069cb5a0ea3b305405a6f.png

Are these them? They would look sooo good on my black elite😉

• Gold FFM

Could be, 5 stud and these are four. Need to find out if the PCD on the Elite is the same as the early Excel as I may just have the right car for them once vapour blasted and painted/polished.

3.jpg

002.jpg

The PCD on Eclats and Elites fitted with the Turbine wheels is the same as the Eclat Excel. You may well find that the centre bore on these wheels won't fit over the Elite hub - it is bigger than that on the Eclat Excel and it is important the wheel locates positively on the hub.  The wheel nuts will also need to be drilled/sleeved/tapped (whatever!) so they match the UNF thread on the Elite studs - or you may be able to use standard Elite wheel nuts; those used on the Eclat Excel are not taper nuts, they locate the wheel onto the stud and clamp it in place.

E&OE as usual!!