Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hey I'm back ! - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Hey I'm back !

eddie111S

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Welcome back Eddie. What have you got to do to get the car going?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Welcome back buddy.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Hi Eddie....how they hanging?? Where are you these days??

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, yeah she runs now... It was the blasted Cobra 6422 immobiliser, so it would seem. This car was found by me 3yrs ago for a mate. He then sold it on very quick, because he was offered double money for it. After the new owners (idiots) had poured champagne over it and renamed the car MAX, the car was laid up for well over a year. The guy lost his licence drinking and driving. Then the plonker wired the battery up the wrong way round. I mentioned this on one of my very old posts to look for a solution. The car stayed laid up in my mates garage for another year. She wasn't fixed. I decided to buy the car, because of many reasons, even though I knew it wasn't a runner. Everyone was saying ECU/ECM has been fried. So after taking the car to bits, consulting mates like Pete Musgrove, Roy, and Nigel, lots of fiddling the issue is the Cobra 6422 immobiliser it would seem. Did the manual code check with hair pin earlier. Code 12 comes up, and nothing else, so that would suggest ECU/ECM is healthy. Read all about bypassing the immobiliser with two loop wires. So did that. She runs. Revved up really high, so I switched off. That would be the leaky T piece on the dump valve, just like when I brought the car over to France. So plenty to sort out tomorrow, but looks like I'm there. PS. This car is a GT3 1998 car with the later dash, but in a V8 kit, ordered that way from new, so pretty unique. Best of both worlds. Lamb in a wolfs clothing, but a mighty scary lamb at that. :thumbsup: