Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
FULL DETAILS - Page 3 - Lotus Factory Day 2006 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

FULL DETAILS

Bibs

Some other info that may be useful for the untrackinsured among us.

Try this company

Motorsport Race&Rally Insurance Services is a trading name of Everitt Boles Ltd

TEL : 020 7709 9559 FAX: 020 7709 9669 63 Mansell Street, London E1 8AN WWW.MORIS.CO.UK

04/10/2006 12:39

They have quoted me

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bibs

Just phoned Footman James :D and they won't even give me a quote for extra cover unless I can tell them if there will or not be 1) Track Marshalls 2) Paramedics present. Can you tell what the situation with 1) and 2) is please.

Well I've phoned them back with the answers to 1) and 2) and they won't insure me, I seemed to be in trouble from the moment it wasn't Club Lotus organising the event. Ah well best count me out, I'll watch the rest of you guys going round instead.

Martyn B)

How odd - Martyn there are other people on this thread who have replied who are also with FJ and have been covered for

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

The reason that we are concerned (Bibs and me....and Lotus) is that what happens if you have an unforeseen problem? A wheel comes off, brakes fail, You blink just as the guy in front does an emergency stop etc. What happens is you accept the risk but the guy you/your wheel hits doesn't cause he's gonna want

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Blimey!

If some spotty little herbert in 'is Ecks Are Freee Aye lost control of his car and twatted into mine I would be chasing after the little fvck3r for a LOT more than the repair costs!

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Just phoned Admiral Insurance and they wont go anywhere near any mention of the word 'track' no matter what your doing. :D

Off to try and get a price but if its looking like costing

Edited by CarlC

A couple of different monkeys (tried twice) at Privilege both confirmed that I'm not covered .. no option to pay more, simply not interested.

Classicline will cover the Esprit if I move the policy to them .. but it's pricier, and has a 10% excess on track (which is a lot on a Sport 350!) ..

Alas I'm not going to be doing the track either and purely due to my insurers :D

The reason that we are concerned (Bibs and me....and Lotus) is that what happens if you have an unforeseen problem? A wheel comes off, brakes fail, You blink just as the guy in front does an emergency stop etc. What happens is you accept the risk but the guy you/your wheel hits doesn't cause he's gonna want

I guess its times like this that you find out the real "value" of your policy. The cheapest isn't necessarily the best depending on what you want to do.

As it happens my policy was the cheapest and it included track day cover B)

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Sorry Bibs, maybe I need to re-read the indemnity form - I thought it was to indemnify Lotus, not to require us to insure ourselves.

regardless still looking forward to it

btw, impossible to download the forms using a mac - the bbs board crashes safari and doesn't work under IE Mac 5.2

Guys - herewith the precise wording in the reverse of my Certificate of Insurance with ClassicLine:

"RALLIES/TRACK DAYS. Your cover remains fully operative whilst your vehicle is entered in a static show, parades, classic runs and other events and rallies not involved in competition or trials. If you wish to participate in competitive rallies the insurers will consider these subject to full information being provided, some even free of charge. Track day cover may be available by arrangement for marshalled club events".

In my view the operative words are "not involving competition or trials" and therefore I believe ClassicLine

policyholders are covered for a non-competitive parade.

Sorry Bibs, maybe I need to re-read the indemnity form - I thought it was to indemnify Lotus, not to require us to insure ourselves.

The Indemnity form just absolves Lotus of any responsibilty unless neglegence can be show on their part in the event of any accident. It also states on the form that we must sign that we have adequet insurance cover in full force (iv).

:D

You lucky people on Classic Line look like you've got it made. Im now off to see If I can get a track policy to cover me for more than one event to try and get maximum benefit out of the cost of the extra policy.

Edited by CarlC

exactly what "adequate insurance policy" is is pretty vague - especially if this is not a track day event. All Insurance policies cover driving on private property, but not racing, rallying, timed events etc. Specific track day coverage is definitely belts and braces but not really clear if it is required for a parade lap. What exactly are we doing on the track?

Driving around behind a pace car having your picture taken. If it's going to cost a few quid and you're not willing to pay for that then as I've said before, that's your choice. What Lotus are trying to offer you here is a chance for YOU to drive YOUR CAR around the LOTUS TEST TRACK. Personally, if I had to pay for insurance for that once in a lifetime opportunity then I would but do as you wish.

I'm not answering any more questions about insurance. I've said enough times that Lotus has told us that if you want to go on the track, make sure you're insured for track use, as per their form. I can't tell you any more than that, sorry!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

For Information Only:

There's also a section that asks about epilepsy, and if you've ever suffered from it you can't go on the test track.

I had a fit almost 9 years ago, an isolated incident, which the DVLA have been aware of since (disqualified for 1 year, then short term licences, now a full licence but no minibus yet ), but according to lotus I'm not allowed to follow.

Disappointed :D

Seems rather strange but they make the rules.......

Glyn

Guys - herewith the precise wording in the reverse of my Certificate of Insurance with ClassicLine:

"RALLIES/TRACK DAYS. Your cover remains fully operative whilst your vehicle is entered in a static show, parades, classic runs and other events and rallies not involved in competition or trials. If you wish to participate in competitive rallies the insurers will consider these subject to full information being provided, some even free of charge. Track day cover may be available by arrangement for marshalled club events".

In my view the operative words are "not involving competition or trials" and therefore I believe ClassicLine

policyholders are covered for a non-competitive parade.

I think you still need to tell Classicline though

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

For Information Only:

There's also a section that asks about epilepsy, and if you've ever suffered from it you can't go on the test track.

I had a fit almost 9 years ago, an isolated incident, which the DVLA have been aware of since (disqualified for 1 year, then short term licences, now a full licence but no minibus yet ), but according to lotus I'm not allowed to follow.

Disappointed :D

Seems rather strange but they make the rules.......

Glyn

Shite - that rules me out then. Similar situation to Glyn: gave up license for 1 year, but now have a full license, but it's still a no-no for the test track from the looks of it.

Glyn - I think you can drive a minibus after 10 years off medication - I'm looking at getting a N-PPL and you can fly with a passenger after 10 years off med (same as a class 2 DVLA license).

Shite - that rules me out then. Similar situation to Glyn: gave up license for 1 year, but now have a full license, but it's still a no-no for the test track from the looks of it.

Glyn - I think you can drive a minibus after 10 years off medication - I'm looking at getting a N-PPL and you can fly with a passenger after 10 years off med (same as a class 2 DVLA license).

I think you may be reading that incorrectly ???