Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What are you doing this Christmas? - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What are you doing this Christmas?

Kimbers

So lets spread good cheer.

What are you doing this Christmas? Is it exciting like Skiing in the Alps, or boring, spent at home watching Christmas movies and eating too much?

I know which I prefer and I will be spending it with my family, at home, watching movies, eating and drinking too much and generally making Merry

I also make the full Christmas dinner which will keep me busy on Christmas day when my girls come home and we are a complete family again. Just like old times :)

I like the fact that we do EXACTLY the same thing we have always done. 10am up and about, Full English Breakfast cooked while the kids separate the presents and place them infront of where everyone sits.

Then, when the girls are here we open them.

Dinner will be 4pm (as always) and I am making my chicken stock as we speak for the worlds best gravy. Turkey (I part the skin from the breasts and stuff garlic and thyme butter in there then reseal), crispy Garlic Roast spuds boiled till they start to fall apart the roasted in duck fat, sprouts par boiled then fried in butter, bacon and chestnuts, pea's, broccoli, Roast Carrots and Parsnip cooked with thyme and butter (put a little maple syrup in there for a glaze and extra sweetness).

It may sound a little OCD but everyone knows what we are doing when so if we don't stick to it then people turn up late etc.

Then same again the next day round my mother in laws!

Wouldn't change it for a thing. 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I type I'm in an unheated house on a building site working, your food menu is making me feel hungry!.. I'm also working tomorrow, xmas day & boxing day will be spent at parents & in-laws houses, both are excellent cooks .

After that I'm hoping to pull my boat out the water for servicing etc in readiness for next season, providing the wind and rain calm down!. If the weather doesn't improve then I'll probably go back to work. (I'm quite a restless person so I can't be sat around doing nothing)

Call in if you are in the area bud :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

We're in Naaaaaaaaaaaaarfolk for xmas :D

Good Turkey then :thumbsup:

At home with the Family and all the Christmas fair just the way we like it, cant wait. :D

The girls still get their Christmas sacks in the morning. We eat the Xmas Dinner mid afternoon and dont get round to the Prezzies till normally 5/6pm. Then its Card or board games until late. :gathering:

Edited by gghc87

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

Finishing up with a Driving Test Xmas eve starting just before 3pm so weather permitting should be back home and sampling the 1st glass of something around 5.30pm. Quiet day with just the 4 of us Chrismas day (swim at the beach 11am) then back for excessive lunch and 40 winks. Family get together in Bristol Boxing Day and stay. Then all hell to let lose New year when we have 21 people staying over to empty the cupboards and give the bin man a hernia in bottle collections.

Have a good one. :D

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

It won't be a long swim - last time I did a Xmas day swim I was out and sampling a rather fine port within 5 mins - it's all for a good cause and £'s for charadee mate.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

More than likely but I'll try not to put people off their Turkey lol

I'm spending this year sitting alone again on a beach in Tunisia, taking full advantage of the complimentary bar, waiting for this godawful time of year to be over, wondering how the fuck I ended up in this position of my life after having it so perfect for so long.

We don't do anything Christmassy, so it'll just be the usual... Take Sten dog for a run in the wood, then crack on with some sort of DIY. Outdoor, if the weather is good. In the toasty warm garage, if it isn't! 

Dinner will more than likely be Navarin of Lamb, Beef in Ale, or Pork in Cider (I bulk cook, and the freezers are stocked up). Or pigeon breast marinated in whisky marmalade if we get our shooting sticks out.  :D

The music will be a bit louder than usual though, and I'm guessing there'll be some alcohol involved at some point during the day.  :dj:   :wine:

Have fun, folks.
E&R. ;)

I'll be in England to have Christmas with the family.  Normally, we go to my brother's for Christmas dinner but this year, to give my sister-in-law the day off from cooking, we are going to a restaurant for lunch.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Where abouts in the UK Trev?

While pissing blood is finally over, I can now return safely to Work a bit on the Esprit during the Holidays. Yesterday I spent a coulpe of hours sanding and polishing my new aluminium expansion tank. Today I spent putting new tires on my new AWI's. Going to look dor some diode bulbs tomorrow morning. Then it's close to being time to install the new Wheels on the Esprit. Then It's time to renew everything on the chargecoolerpump I took out last week. And the somehow find a way to reinstall it, ha ha...

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Where abouts in the UK Trev?

Kidderminster, Tony.  It's where I was brought up and the area where my brothers and their families live. 

Also handy for Paul Matty! :thumbsup:

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Don`t want to "Hanoi" anyone  :excl: but spent hols in Vietnam...spent Xmas Day sightseeing round Hanoi, and New Year in Saigon.... (don`t worry, no 2014 summer hols abroad for us !) Magic, such friendly, hospitable people.

Xmas meal ? Chicken noodle soup and chips in Vietnam`s answer to Starbucks , watching the hundreds of motor scooters, cars and pedestrians jostling madly but somehow avoiding collision with each other...

BTW Xmas is nearly as big over there as it is here although listening to the constant cover versions ( of  cover versions )of Feed the World /White Christmas/Silent Night does get tiresome .  Want to buy any jackets from The North Face ? Go to Vietnam,  they`re made there and are about 80% cheaper...

Ah well, back to work ...

Lol. I shoulda guessed you of all people would go to Vietnam Dan :P

But being serious it does look beautiful there. Lets see some pics!

Please do. I remember seeing the Top Gear Special in Vietnam and thought how beautiful it was and how lovely the people were!