Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Alloy Motorsport Radiator Set For Esprit Turbo & V8 by Alunox - Page 6 - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Alloy Motorsport Radiator Set For Esprit Turbo & V8 by Alunox

Hi Jacques,

I’ve been in touch with Alunox, They will refund your money if needed, there isn’t a problem with that. Leon apologises for the delay, it’s been a number of things holding up this GB starting with late payments and the core supplier.  

The core supplier has nearly completed all the cores required to make this set. After chasing them again ,they have given Leon a max lead time of 4 weeks to complete, I know you’re saying other manufactures could turn these around more quickly, but the low quantities / value of the order has put us to the back of the Que.

Just to confirm Alunox isn’t in any difficulties as far as business goes and are producing parts for Mono cars as I saw this week.

I know I’m only the messenger, maybe I also should have posted more frequently on the status of the order. As soon as the parts land I will take some photos and post progress.

Mark

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 1 month later...

Hi Ian,

I believe some the cores are in and the rest arrive next week, I'm planning on going over on Friday and get a progress update,I'm away with work this. I will update you then ,hopefully with some pictures.

Mark

• Like 2

That's good news Mark.

I sent an email to Leon yesterday asking for an update as my car has been on the ramp at Craig Moncrieff's for the past 2 months with old radiator out, engine out and waiting on the new radiator and a belts change. No response yet from Leon.

Hi Guys

My wife has dislocated her knee last week, so I've been tied up with hospitals. I should be able to get over this Friday/Saturday along as I'm not away with work, my wife knows I need to pop over.
Sorry for the delay , I have spoken with Leon ,he has started on this project and his team are finishing off their other jobs this week ,so next week they will all be on the Esprit radiators.

Mark

Great!

But no so on your wifes knee. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I am going for surgery asap (on the list) with my left knee which began to act up badly this Summer. A right pain in the bu.t, sorry, knee.

Please give us a hint, or a pic or two on Progress. Maybe Christmas comes early this year?

Cheers,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

What ever happened to this did you guys get your stuff sorted in the end I'm in need of a new rad pack oil coolers and Aircon rad no charge cooler . I have been looking around other manufacturers though as this seems like a proper nightmare . Thus far ...

4 hours ago, Alex Carter said:

What ever happened to this did you guys get your stuff sorted in the end I'm in need of a new rad pack oil coolers and Aircon rad no charge cooler . I have been looking around other manufacturers though as this seems like a proper nightmare . Thus far ...

Alex, if you're stuck I have posted a few threads about my accident replacements, UK alloy rad and new aircon condensers cheap from Germany. I didn't need to replace the oil coolers as they were undamaged and new-ish but I could probably find some quality ones for you. Let me know.

xaDSC_0059.jpg

xaDSC_0060.jpg

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Yes I'm interested I've found one on ebay but researching the company they seem to all leak and break . I want a bigger core for the rad and alloy is preference . But I will need some oil coolers and Aircon rad too as it's all going in the bin 

Hi  Jacques ,thanks  I been tied up at the weekend with physio and things. I am planing to get over on Wednesday. Sorry for delay. Some members have asked to join the group buy , I will have to speak to Leon.

Mark

Thanks for the update Mark. Do you have any idea when they will be ready for shipping?

Hi Guys, just another update, as you can see they are coming together, with everyone committed to this project at Alunox.

Can you tell me who is actually fitting now and so needs the first set out of production.

Also the Up rated Charge coolers are on offer on the other thread, and work very well with this up rated CC front rad.

I have put my car on the dyno this year with an ECU upgrade, clutch failed and so didn't get power run in. I've now fitted new clutch and in a position to return 

to finish off, I do have some data to share, but need time to put it together.

Mark

Rad1.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing ;) Since I installed all new coolers this spring as I did not get this set in time, I am in no hurry right now, but would be nice to get it this Winter, so I have good time to install this set before spring. Would be nice to have on my planned trip across Transfegerashan and Transalpina, weather permitting as they close it in bad weather, which is quite often. I guess then, that someone with their Esprit already on the lift/pit, would be better suited to be first in que.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Great news. 

Well my car has been up on ramps at my garage for a number of weeks old radiator out, engine out so I would appreciate an early delivery slot.