Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
MLOC @ Chatsworth - 27th July 2014 - Page 2 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

MLOC @ Chatsworth - 27th July 2014

Guest Mutley00

Thanks Kevin. You and the guys are now on my spreadsheet. Looking forward to meeting you all.

See you at the Devonshire Arms on Saturday 26th July :-)

Dean

p.s. the amazing raffle prize list has grown again - Sim@n knows all the details but i'm pretty sure Hangar 111 have given a voucher and some free geo checks and a full geo set up, and Opie oils some vouchers. Massive thanks to those companies for their continued support. They have donated every year so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks we have 67 fully paid up attendees so far and I am expecting that to be over 70 by the end of the weekend. Plus we now have 25 fantastic raffle prizes - have a look over on MLOC for more details.

It's shaping up nicely :-)

Car of the day with 1st 2nd & 3rd all receive a trophy. Bottle of champagne also to the winner.

All thanks to the generosity of Lotus on Track

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Thanks to LOT for the prizes for the Car Of The Day competition.

Fully paid up attendee numbers now stand at 72!

Come along and join in - but please book and pay in advance via the MLOC shop if you can to help us organise everything. Places on the run and the catered picnic can only be booked in advance in fact, although you can still just turn up on the day to join in the display etc.

Hope to see loads of you there.

Dean

• 2 weeks later...

Numbers now up to 84 and rising!

The procession in to Chatsworth as we come in from the run (having stopped for a tasty breakfast of course!) will be something to see I reckon! If you fancy joining us get over to MLOC and book - there is a link above.

Cheers.

Dean

I cannot look at the information to book? 

after 3 weekends away from my esprit - it must need drive :) x

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!
[#20X142]

You are not allowed to purchase that item

Need Help?

Bibs the number is now 97 cars fully paid up and attending, so looking good. Thank you for putting it in the newsletter again this month, it looked great.

There is still room for more cars though so please get on over to MLOC if you want to come along. You will have to register as a member but it's free and only takes a minute.

The event is only 10 days away now so get your skates on!

The last day for ordering picnics will be Wednesday 23rd, and run groups will soon fill up too.

We have a good spread of models coming now but could still do with a few more oldies, and we haven't got any Cortinas (gutted! ) - can anybody help?

Cheers guys

Hope to see you there

Dean

• Like 1

make that 105!!

And who knows how many more will turn up on the day?  Loads and loads and loads I hope.  :-)

Did I mention I have a sometime Top Gear director making a little film of the event for us too?

So, we have 122 Lotuses booked and paid for now. The shop is closed but people are still welcome to turn up at Chatsworth on the day.

Hope some of you can make it.

• Like 1

I'm trying to get someone to post some on here - I was too busy to take any!

There are some over on MLOC but I don't know how to nick them - I am a total technophobe!

It was, Bibs. It certainly was. I said this to Dean the other day – there was a great mix of cars – Elans, Excels, Eclats, Esprits, Elise, Exiges, Evoras, Europas, M100s, a single 211, at least one 7, and two 340Rs. And a VX220(!). It was fascinating to walk up and down the rows of cars. All the same marque, but each one so different. Everyone was really friendly, the weather was great, and people seemed to enjoy themselves a lot. It was way better than last year, and that's saying something.

Chatsworth House also makes it a good family day out. There's a massive adventure playground for kids, farm things and animals to see and watch and interact with, and then there's the house and grounds. Congratulations to Dean and his team for making it happen.

I wholeheartedly recommend this to people for next year. See you all there!

Thanks for the support Tim, I am really pleased you enjoyed it.  I agree that getting more variety of cars makes it much better - although we didn't manage to get any Cortinas (one of my favourite cars of all time, I would definitely race one if I won the lottery :-)) or Elites (mk1 and 2).  Maybe next year!

There were 2 v8 Esprits and I didn't get chance to have a look at either which was a bit of a bummer.

There is a lot of enthusiasm at Chatsworth for the whole range of Lotuses.  The Car of The Day vote tells the tale - in 3rd place a 1979 Éclat, in 2nd place an early Elan FHC and in first place a green 340R.