Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 9 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks great Hopo

Yours is definitely lower than mine.  I noticed at the weekend my front also seems slightly high and the car overall.  Any tips on lowering?

Re ride height - rightly or wrongly, I look at the bottom level of the door and adjacent panels - they usually pass through or just above the wheel centres.

Thats on a G-car at least!

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

When are car collectors going to cop-on to the Esprit? Iconic Italian design, handling by Lotus, innovative engineering, incredible race pedigree - associated with Clark, Hill, Moss, Fittipaldi, Andretti, Petersen, De Angelis, Mansell, Senna, Piquet and Hakkinen to name a few! 

I know the S1 has become sought after among collectors but the better Ferrari 308s are asking nearly £80k now!

If only they did.

While selling one at this high Price would be most fortunate for the seller, it would also mean, that many future owners would keep on playing the amiga game instead...

this would also, I guess, make many moe garagequeens. Not drivers.

I prefer them to be cheap.

Maybe the Ferrari etc. are just vastly overrated/-priced?

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Some good points there Jaques. The main reason I don't have an S1 is the cost of getting a good one.

But there's a classic car boom going on out there and Lotus seem to be being overlooked. But as always its very model specific. Ferrari 400s, Mondials and 308 GT4s are still cheap. As are most 911s whereas a 964RS, by all accounts the least interesting RS of the lot, sold for £220,000 recently.

Thank god the esprit was affordable as there would be no way I could have bought one ! 

Hear hear, just enjoy it and leave the classic car silly season for others to worry about. Like house prices, inflation only helps if you are a short term speculator cashing in, not a long term enthusiast

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Like a certain Classic sportscar dealer here in Copenhagen, whose prices are superoverinflated. And everyone Refers to that dealer, when selling. But real World prices are not those, except for the few fortuned enough to pay and not care. No matter how much Money I theorethically have, I am not careless about moeny and their value, and the lot's of Work they represent.

I have a friend WHO just bought a Ferrari 308 gtbi (the slow one ;) ), and he paid a very resonable Price, not at all the one mentioned.

On the other hand I agree, that there's a rendency these months to inflate prices on almost anything Classic. Most noticable!

Even a Triumph Speedfire is rather ecpensive these days (at least here). Silly.

Cheers,

Jacques.

Some good points there Jaques. The main reason I don't have an S1 is the cost of getting a good one.

But there's a classic car boom going on out there and Lotus seem to be being overlooked. But as always its very model specific. Ferrari 400s, Mondials and 308 GT4s are still cheap. As are most 911s whereas a 964RS, by all accounts the least interesting RS of the lot, sold for £220,000 recently.

Scott Walker's US spec S1 says hi!

23,000 km and from a dry state - all you gotta shell out for is a white respray and tartan interior, and voila. Then sit back, and watch it gain value.

If it didn't only have 160 hp, and if I hadn't already seen your S3 Turbo, I'd have bought it by now.

And @Hopo

That made my weekend. It truly did.

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Sorry, didn't mean to steer the thread off topic, but Esprits look so stunning to me it's hard for me to understand how they aren't better appreciated. That said, really good examples are hard to find and the most desirable models - notably S1, Essex, S4s, Sport 300 - all command strong prices even if they are still reasonably priced compared to some other classics of their era.

But I still don't get why Esprit S2 are so cheap compared to the S1. Same goes for the S3, Giugiaro Turbo and Turbo SE. All are cars I find hugely desirable but can still be found for remarkably low asking prices. Great news for anyone who happens to like those models but also accept the purchase price is just the tip of the iceberg!

Quite right Buddsy!

2espritdrive4414_zps82ab008a.jpg

and to make amends:

lotus2_wb_zpsd9ebcc4a.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Hopo.  Off to car show with it very shortly.

Sorry to read about your wheels.   I was telling my wife about them who responded with "What!! Going to war is a disaster".  Don't worry, I put her straight

• Like 1

Never! More please! My SE was Pacific Blue too, nice to see such a nice example.

Well you did ask.....

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

......and that's the lot for the moment!

Good to see so many great looking Giugiaro's - makes me want get one of those too!

Hi Michael,

Nice Pictures. Now, if only you could maybe play a Little bit with depth of field, by turning the aperture open more to say 2,8 - 4, then you could splatter the background by taking your Pictures from a longer distance, zooming and make the car even more in focus. Then you very nice Pictures would be even better looking. Just a sugestion. ;) So, I am waiting for more ;)

This is the colour btw, that pursuaded me to finally buy a Lotus Esprit. Mine is Calypso though.

Cheers,

Jacques.

Apart from the ones on my drive, I wanted the depth of field for these pics to show the backgrounds too but I'll do some more with shallow d.o.f for you next time ;-)