Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 98 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

30 minutes ago, Jeanvm said:

No mirrors?

IMG-20191109-WA0008~2.jpg

Unfortunately not @Jeanvm

They're quite expensive, and this car is not yet complete. In fact I'm just on shakedown testing after a 3 year full nut and bolt restoration. I have to get it reliable so that I can drive it to an Bond 25 event next spring. Unfortunately the seller of this project/wreck fleeced me on the wheels, and I had the additional expense of obtaining a set to get the car running. This set my quite considerable budget back somewhat. The seller now mocks me on social media as he got away with deplorable customer service.

16 hours ago, Fridge said:

🙄The seller now mocks me on social media as he got away with deplorable customer service

You didn't payed him enough now that he can see how beautiful the car has become.

• Like 1

Looks exquisite just as it is. Ski racks not necessary! After all JB wouldn't have had them on for his UK missions!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Considerably better than your model already and I think it's a case of gilding the lilly.

Fine if it was a tired old example but that's one of the very best G-turbos left. Can't you get a second engine cover sprayed up and have the racks stuck on to that? That way you can keep that immaculate louvred panel the way Chapman intended, as opposed to Cubby Broccoli!

• Thanks 1

• Gold FFM

Fabian I have got to agree with @The Pits if you can make it removable then fine but to drill anything into that would be sacrilege. Your S1 can’t go underwater so this does not need skis. 

your car do what you wish but it makes me shudder to even think about it 

• Thanks 1

@Lotusfab Please take it as a compliment due to the rest of the car being so beautifully prepared. Totally get that it looks beyond cool with the skis on but it was never a proper ski rack, just a movie prop bodge and would surely compromise the car's ability to drive on the road beyond 30mph or whatever the car did in the film. Yes who am I to talk putting Compomotives and 1984 Goodyear tyres on mine!

• Haha 1

All valid comments but it’s your car Fabian and you can’t come this far with a dream and not see it through - you’ll know what’s right for you and the car👍

• Like 1

Thanks chaps, all the comments are well recieved. I take them on board. For me  the whole point is it has to be identical to the original car. The same as my S1 complete with rocket launch button. The ski racks Im making will be fully operational exact copies of the props. I will have to drill through the tailgate. Shame,  but If I wanted an original car I would have restored it in red and sourced matching numbers.

This will be a fully operational, driveable exact copy of the Bond car with the exception the engine is restored - but not dry sump. This has to be a useable car which I intend to drive and enjoy, as is my S1.  I have already made the styrofoam lower racks  and one upper. Once my work comitments have reduced I will complete them. Probably mid december . They will be based on a modern ski rack design whcih will take the ski load. Outside they will appear almost  identical to the car in the movie. 

I will only fit the skis at shows. Dont think the aerodynamics would lend themselves to 70 mph!

• Like 2