Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Over 12 years in... - Evora Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Over 12 years in...

JAWS

Great photos, not too bad on the costs either, I remind the Mrs that having the lotus is cheaper than a football season ticket when you factor in all the days out and the beer of course, it's also more social as a family however I've already traded the Mrs in as a passenger for our 7 month old little lad to come to car events...... It's all about bonding and they get some peace too ha ha

Absolutely, my wife has no interest in cars and loves me taking the kids out from under her feet when she wants to blitz the house.

I'm a lot closer to my father since having the Elise then the Evora as I organise a lot of road trips/weekends away and he always comes along to share the driving. He's always the sober/sensible one of the group who keeps us in check; we couldn't do it with out him.

Still loving mine, nothing compares to it to be honest.

When we went to The Scottish Highlands (from Yorkshire) my wife took the A5 and I took the Evora and the Evora did better MPG.

Please remind me to answer to your question in 2016......then it will be my4th "Evora year" I am pretty sure that the Evora will stay with me. I am often asked by Elise drivers how I like the car and reguarly my answer is that the car is how I expected it to be - only better and that every day more....My wife is also absolutely not interested in cars but she is happy that the Evora fulfilled my expectations and is a lot fun even on usual business drives.

In the context of your question I am thinking of the topic "What car after the Evora?" - well I am not sure that there is a better car if you want a mid- engined car that is even capable of the basic transportation needs, esp there is no mid- engined car in a 2 plus 2 configuration in production as far as I know. Also having seen the movie of the making of the Evora I am pretty sure that it would be very hard to find a car that is produced / constructed with the same enthusiasm!

So I am looking forward to a lot of further more years with the Evora (did I mention that I have my Merc Slk now for 15 years?... well I think keeping your cars for a long time is a special pleasure, but personal taste of course)

I'm only just completing my third year with the Evora S, but have done 50.000 Km with it. Despite the issues I have had with the car I'm still loving it, in fact it seems that the issues have intensified the bonding.

My favorite car used to be my former Audi RS4 (the one with the biturbo), but now the Evora has taken its place. I've set 2016 as the year for a potential replacement and it is looking more and more like it will be another, then hopefully facelifted, Evora.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Yep, it's quite tight on the Eurotunnel. I'm used to it now though. I was unlucky in that instance as the chequer plating had lifted at that point, catching the wheel slightly. I once watched a 911 in front of me literally scrape all 4 wheels of his as he drove through the train, I was wincing!

You'll find wide supercars get put in with the buses and vans etc. We went in with them once which was a lot better.

Slightly off topic, but were the wheels curbed on the channel tunnel? That looks a tight fit!!

Congratulations on a happy fourth anniversary :cheers:

I'd bet a lot of money it is because I recognise that lip on the Eurostar! (did the very same thing last October on my way to Spa!)

F-ing furious with myself... The upper deck is too tight for an Evora, lower deck with the trucks and supercars is my recommendation ;-)

I'd bet a lot of money it is because I recognise that lip on the Eurostar! (did the very same thing last October on my way to Spa!)

F-ing furious with myself... The upper deck is too tight for an Evora, lower deck with the trucks and supercars is my recommendation ;-)

I've always asked to go on the truck decks.

I was a numpty, the rear track is wide! I knew that but still proceeded forward like a child puts it's fingers into a plug socket!!

Fortunately fixed for not much but still shiver thinking about it :-(

• 1 month later...

I've fitted a CTEK Battery Conditioner which is a nice neat install as it has a link harness with it...

post-10092-0-98419700-1394875679.jpg

However, I did crack my battery cover being cack handed. If anyone else is interested they are a great price on amazon at the moment..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CTEK-Multi-Functional-4-Stage-Battery-Charger/dp/B004TLF4PC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1394875754&sr=8-2&keywords=ctek

4th Year for me too - changed the NA for a new S Sports Racer a few months back. Only managed a few miles before returning to work but am back again after 3 months and simply love the S - what a fantastic car, does everything I need and more and makes every drive special. Not bothered about facelifts etc, am sitting inside and looking out and it is just fine :-)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I bought a "Flash Magic Eraser" today and went at the steering wheel with it. Very pleased with the results. I thought it was pretty clean before, but using the sponge seems to have revitalised it. Hopefully this photo shows the difference. (Before on the left side, after on the right)

post-10092-0-63777700-1398364540.jpg

I've also bought a Bluetooth OBD2 reader and downloaded an app (OBD Link) for my tablet and phone. Will give it a test tomorrow. If anyone has any other recommendations for apps to work with it, it would be appreciated.

I use Torque which is excellent.

When you come to pair the device and adapter, make sure you do it very quickly within plugging the adapter in, you only get 3/4 seconds in which to do it.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

There's a lite version for free but I never really use the 0-60 and 1/4 mile stuff, mechanical sympathy and all that! It's handy to monitor MAT, AFR, Boost, batt voltage, coolant temp and various MPG's etc. Good for less than the price of a pint :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I use Torque which is excellent.

When you come to pair the device and adapter, make sure you do it very quickly within plugging the adapter in, you only get 3/4 seconds in which to do it.

That depends a lot on the adapter, I've never had that time issue.

Nonetheless, Torque is unmatched, its the app always running in the background on my Asteroid Smart ICE. Provides real time logging of anything I want.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Bought "Torque" and it works a treat; cheers. Going to have a play with it over the weekend and also have a play with this :thumbsup: ....

post-10092-0-78835000-1398444630.jpg

I think it's the Evora's closest competitor, just wish it was 2+2.

Had from new in Oct 09 so 4 & half yrs now. Still love it. Have thought about changing a few times, mainly just because I fancy a change, but then I struggle to think of something else that is comparable. Perhaps exige v6 next yr

• Like 1

construction and property consultants : My company

Bought "Torque" and it works a treat; cheers. Going to have a play with it over the weekend and also have a play with this :thumbsup: ....

attachicon.gifIMG-20140425-WA0000_1.jpg

I think it's the Evora's closest competitor, just wish it was 2+2.

Can't be a competitor, engine in the wrong place! :harhar:

• Like 1